RV Brands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buddykate4

I know there are issues with every motothome but I am looking for advice on which brands are the best. I just sold my Thor ACE which I have been told is a entry level unit. I had my heart set on a winnebago Vista LX but came to find out it didnt have an outside TV, kitch, or propane outlet for a grill. All things I wanted. When I looked at the Vista you could see that Winnebago did not put the same level of quality in those units. So now where do I go? I am looking for a class A between 28-31 feet that has a couch and a dinette.

Can anyone recommend anything?

If you want to judge the quality of a new RV then look at the price tag. It is a very competitive market and the more expensive ones are always higher quality. In the used market then condition is king and the badge is meaningless. How well an RV has been cared for is the biggest reason for an RV to be worth money.

What Seilerbird says. The higher priced units have better quality materials and construction methods in addition to whatever extra amenities they may offer. They all suffer from sloppy workmanship at times, but the mid and high end units are definitely better built, not just higher priced.

The problem is going to be that smaller coaches are not popular with the people who have the money to buy upper tier models, so the smaller coaches tend to be targeted at the "entry level" buyer where price is paramount. Several manufacturers have launched high-end models in shorter sizes but all have failed to win enough buyers to continue in production. You may have to increase the size target in order to get the extra features you desire.

Being an"entry level" unit isn't bad. It just means your expectations should be a bit lower for the long term. Upholstery and flooring will wear more quickly, cabinetry is fiberboard and vinyl veneer, and plumbing and electrical workmanship and design probably lacks features that make them more durable and easier to service. That sort of thing.

I've had (2) entry level units and one mid-priced unit.  Both entry level units have been near flawless while the mid level unit was a real POS.  Were the materials nicer in the mid-level unit?  Of course they were.

From my personal experience, spending more money did not equal quality in the area of "built well" and "works like it's supposed to".  Not only was it a huge waste of money to trade up to what I thought was better, it was a huge waste of money to get a different unit.

Others may have different experiences but, I do own my point of view  ;D

FYI...Winnebago for entry level and Newmar for the mid-level.

All the brands seem to have about the same incidence of sloppy fabrication mistakes and the occasional bad design choice. The higher priced units are better in terms of many things, but they still get delivered with a sometimes alarming number of avoidable defects.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom