EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: How long will water stay fresh?  (Read 1192 times)

Urban Hillbilly

• ---
  • Keep on truckin' (I mean RVin')
Re: How long will water stay fresh?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »
To think, the other day, I drink out of my black garden hose. And from time to time, if walking in the woods and I come across a brook, I'll drink from that too. I can see I'm short lived. My days are probably numbered.

Just remember...if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room! 8)
Barry & Bobbie L.
Pikes Peak Area, CO
2014 Lance 2385 Travel Trailer
2007 Toyota Tundra SR 5
Piano (digital) on board

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 08:43:58 PM »
Also, Haven't taken a flu shot in 40 plus years....nor have I had the flu!  Maybe a coincidence.... but it's working for me!

Likewise, no flu shot, no flu.  In my case, more than 55 years. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

prfcdoc

• ---
  • Happy to be alive!
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 06:53:55 AM »
Of course I'm sure ya'll realize that the flu shot doesn't absolutely prevent the influenza. It simply improves your odds of not getting it. Also it improves your odds of not dying from it--especially as you age. This has been strongly proven through excellent studies involving tens of thousands of individuals in the Scandinavian countries where there is socialized medicine, allowing for information untainted by bias from pharmaceutical companies who profit from selling the vaccine. Those studies involve whole populations and they know everything about who received the vaccine and who got documented influenza and who died from it. There's a statistically significant reduction in flu cases and hospitalization and death in the vaccinated population. That takes into consideration complications from the vaccine as well. Most everything in life is a gamble and all you're doing is improving your odds by getting the flu shot.
Bob
Bob & Kathy
Saving and researching for our future extended road trip.
2017 F350, Diesel
5th wheel TBD

wstuart

• ---
  • Planning is half the fun
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:33 PM »
My thoughts, not backed up by science, but what I believe and do.
I use city water, it is good for at least 6 months.
I have never put river or lake water in my tanks.
I add a cup of bleach to 20 to 30 gallons of water, let it sit awhile ( once a year) and then drain it.

I am still here and healthy after 40 plus years of RVing.

Just my thoughts.
Maryann & Wayne
Nanaimo BC
Challenger 37 GT
Honda CRV toad Blue Ox tow bar

decaturbob

• ---
related to fresh water tanks and filling
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »
need to check your fresh water tank fill tube.  Apparently the people who installed the system in my coach forgot that water does not flow uphill and there is 3" to 4" portion thats a "gully" about 6inches from the top filled with some rather looking nasty stuff.  I didn't notice this area before but with filling by hand with a funnel I shined a light down the fill tube and clearly saw this.  Just ordered a bottle brush with 18inch handle so I can keep this area clean.
proud to have a 2008 Tioga 31M MH

Hosted by Over The Network