California vs Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

California has 850 miles of shoreline on one ocean. Florida has 1350 miles of shoreline on three different large bodies of water, thousands of lakes, rivers, canals, streams and ponds. Florida is the fishing capitol of the world. You should check it out. Plus it is a lot cheaper to live in Florida than California, and I have lived both places. ;D

California has 850 miles of shoreline on one ocean. Florida has 1350 miles of shoreline on three different large bodies of water

We have 1200 miles of inland waterways in our small part of California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnowing_Oar 

Just keep going with an oar on your RV until someone asks you what it is.

Grew up in Pennsylvania and eventually wound up in California. Went to a yard sale with a CA native friend and there was a snow shovel for sale. He picked it up and said "With the heck is this?"  I replied "Count your blessings!"

But unlike Florida, California doesn't have the all the swamps, alligators, sink holes, bugs, humidity and hurricanes.   

And our Disneyland doesn't have any prehistoric lizards that grab kids and eats them either.

TonyDtorch said:
But unlike Florida, California doesn't have the all the swamps, alligators, sink holes, bugs, humidity and hurricanes.   

Our Disneyland doesn't have any giant prehistoric lizards that grab kids and eats them either.
And Florida does not have an eight year drought to contend with and you won't see one hundred wildfires burning at the same time like California did earlier this year.

SeilerBird said:
And Florida does not have an eight year drought to contend with and you won't see one hundred wildfires burning at the same time like California did earlier this year.

that's because a wildfire in Florida is referred to as a "grass fire'. 

The biggest hill in Florida is a handicap ramp.. ;D

SeilerBird said:
California has the Manson Family, OJ Simpson, Death Valley, Santa Ana winds, earthquakes and the San Francisco Giants.

and also Big Sur, Yosemite, Carmel, Pismo, San Fransisco, lake Tahoe....and the Dodgers.

and I think O.J. will be a Florida resident again...once he gets out.

I used to do a lot of business in Florida, especially Melbourne. Lovely place in the fall and winter. I found it horrid in the late spring and summer. I hate humidity and bugs, and both are in abundance in Florida. I also spent a lot of time in California on business, mostly either near LAX or Orange County. Weather is nice, but there are too many people for me. We still enjoy visiting in the winter, especially in the desert (Death Valley, Joshua Tree, etc). This year we have reserved a week at Bolsa Chica State Park, just north of Huntington Beach plus we will be at Death Valley for a week and a half in November. We are looking forward to both trips. That being said, I have no intention of retiring to either location. My long term winter spot would probably be in Arizona or New Mexico. Our sticks and bricks will probably eventually be in the Midwest close to the kids and grandkids, but we will travel the northern part of the west during summer and fall.

[quote author=UTTransplant]I found it horrid in the late spring and summer. I hate humidity and bugs, and both are in abundance in Florida.[/quote]

Me too!

I also spent a lot of time in California on business, mostly either near LAX or Orange County. Weather is nice, but there are too many people for me.

You were in the 'wrong' part of California.

The humidity and bugs here are too much for me too. And if not for other obligations I would have pointed the rig north long ago.  But being born and raised in CA I am the first to admit it's not perfect either.  I just like the greater range of ecosystems in the west, but that is just me.

I had a house in north county San Diego for 8 years, and the weather was usually great. I was just rarely there to enjoy it! It's this darn "RV habit" that I have.

The argument is like chocolate  vs  strawberry, a  personal preference that is not going to  be  swayed  by the opinion  of others!  As if anyone  really cares!  I like vanilla.

Betty

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))  I was thinking apples vs. oranges, but like your version much better, Betty. :) 

If anyone thinks slamming California OR Florida makes for interesting conversation, they need to choose a new subject.  It's all been said before, is rarely correct, usually stereotypical, and, quite frankly, very boring. 

Margi

LOL Margi, I love the way you say it as it is  ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom