California vs Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom and Margi said:
:)) :)) :)) :))  Yes!!!
And the interesting thing is that many of the most beautiful parts of the state should be National Parks but are not. Lake Tahoe, Monterey Bay, Farallon Islands, Santa Barbara coast, Elephant Seal colony, Big Sur, Lake Havasu, the Little Grand Canyon, Crescent Bay and the list goes on and on.

SeilerBird said:
And the interesting thing is that many of the most beautiful parts of the state should be National Parks but are not. Lake Tahoe, Monterey Bay, Farallon Islands, Santa Barbara coast, Elephant Seal colony, Big Sur, Lake Havasu, the Little Grand Canyon, Crescent Bay and the list goes on and on.

Wow, I've been in California for 40 years and never knew about the Little Grand Canyon.  I'm an hour away.  Thanks for enlightening the group Tom. 

Good to see positive things about California.  We've taken a lot of hits on the Forum.  A few are correct, most are a tad off base. 

The 9 years I was living in LA and Orange counties I loved the 12 month motorcycle season.

And then there were the "Snow to Beach" parties in the winter. Skiing until around 4 or 5 PM, then go down to the beach and help the cook dig up the whole pig.

garyb1st said:
Wow, I've been in California for 40 years and never knew about the Little Grand Canyon.  I'm an hour away.  Thanks for enlightening the group Tom. 
You are welcome Gary. My step dad was raised in Paradise and after he married my mom we took a trip to Paradise to visit his parents. One day Chuck decided to take me to see the Henry Bidwell Museum. To get to Chico we had to drive past the Little Grand Canyon. Along the way we passed a plot of land with a for sale sign tacked up to a tree. I had Chuck stop so I could take a photo of the tree because it looked like it was the tree that was for sale. At the Bidwell mansion they had an 1800s piano so I sat down and started playing Lady Madonna. Chuck took my photo and he almost died. There was no one else in the museum and the piano was very loud. He was sure we were going to get thrown out but no one said a word. Several years later Chuck sent me a photo of the same tree after it had been hit by lightning and was mostly destroyed. I didn't save either photo of the tree.

In my lifetime I have been to three different places claiming to be the Grand Canyon of something. The Little Grand Canyon near Chico, the Grand Canyon of the Pacific on Kauai and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstones. My favorite joke is that if the real Grand Canyon ever saw any of these impostors that the real one should sue the fake one for impersonating a Grand Canyon. While all three are nice they are in no way closely related to the real thing.

Attachments

• Tom 1971-03.jpg
    Tom 1971-03.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom