California vs Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think with the tourism and some of the some of the other industries like Google, Facebook,  Apple, etc. that California has....I'll bet we probably have a bit more taxable income than even Florida.

..there must be some other reason Florida has better roads, no income tax and a budget surplus.    ::)

California is so much more than the coastal megapolis.  Go to the inland north and escape the insanity.  No people.  My county, for example, is roughly the size of Connecticut with only 33,000 population.  And a full third of those are involuntary guests of the state.

dave54 said:
California is so much more than the coastal megapolis.  Go to the inland north and escape the insanity.  No people.  My county, for example, is roughly the size of Connecticut with only 33,000 population.  And a full third of those are involuntary guests of the state.

How close to the Oregon border?  How far are you from the reluctant guests? 

Honestly,   

Why is it so 'politically incorrect' to even talk about the reasons everyone hates California.

It truly is  "the elephant in the room" .

First let me state both Florida and California are among our 50 most beautiful states.

ALL 50 have advantages and disadvantages..  One of those is politics  But taxes may be higher or lower. Weather is different. Florida gets hit by more major storms. California more major droughts and fires. 

Frankly I kind of like Michigan.. Big and like FL and CA it is one of our 50 most beautiful states.

Of course we get snow and tornadoes. but where as IRMA just hit ALL of flordia. Tornadoes are generally much much smaller .

John From Detroit said:
First let me state both Florida and California are among our 50 most beautiful states.

but where as IRMA just hit ALL of flordia.

I believe It missed the pan handle for the most part.

TonyDtorch said:
I think with the tourism and some of the some of the other industries like Google, Facebook,  Apple, etc. that California has....I'll bet we probably have a bit more taxable income than even Florida.

..there must be some other reason Florida has better roads, no income tax and a budget surplus.    ::)

Isn't California the 7th largest economy in the world or someting like that.And it still isn't enough.
I don't want to start the shut down of this conversation so will stop at this.
All the states are nice places

I find it amusing that the person who suggested we shut this discussion down has been the most prolific poster  ???

This is really a stupid thread and I hope the mods will kill it.

garyb1st said:
Let me know how that works out for you.  ;)

I think she is finally on board, the summer was especially brutal this year, the temperatures made a significant plunge finally today.

TonyDtorch said:
Honestly,   

Why is it so 'politically incorrect' to even talk about the reasons everyone hates California.

It truly is  "the elephant in the room" .

Watching the state legislature is the best comedy show around.  I maintain my sanity by doing as much shopping as possible in Reno and giving my sales tax to Nevada.
The CA legislature has a simple rule: if you cannot tax it then ban it!

TonyDtorch said:
Florida had a budget surplus !!      and no Income Tax !!

What the heck is Florida doing differently....... ???

Hauling in Snowbirds and charging them the full property tax rates (no 'homestead cap' for us!!!)

Alfa38User said:
Hauling in Snowbirds and charging them the full property tax rates (no 'homestead cap' for us!!!)

The property taxs in Florida may be a lot higher than California.    We get some Snowbirds too, maybe they should look into that. I would really like some better roads and a budget surplus... :D

Seilerbird--We met last year at a luncheon near Lakeland.  I tell people in Ocala we have two seasons, summer and January.  People don't recognize me when I wear long pants.

TonyDtorch said:

Floridans make a reasonable, realistic financial plan, and stick to it!

Californians make unrealistic promises about everyone getting free stuff, paid for by the rich, then go off plan in less than a month.

Unfortunately it appears the rich people and many other many other tax paying people are moving out of our state.

It kinda sounds like California needs a change of course......but that I don't think that's ever gonna happen  :-\

Sucks for us.

TonyDtorch said:

Stephen S. said:
Floridans make a reasonable, realistic financial plan, and stick to it!

Californians make unrealistic promises about everyone getting free stuff, paid for by the rich, then go off plan in less than a month.

Thread just got political....LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom