California vs Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[quote author=Betty Brewer]The argument is like chocolate  vs  strawberry...[/quote]

Betty, you're also one of my favorites for saying it the way it is. I sincerely hope that you and Terry are both doing well.

Betty Brewer said:
The argument is like chocolate  vs  strawberry, a  personal preference that is not going to  be  swayed  by the opinion  of others!  As if anyone  really cares!  I like vanilla.

Betty

I'm partial to pistachio. But, then again I am a Gator.

Betty Brewer said:
The argument is like chocolate  vs  strawberry, a  personal preference that is not going to  be  swayed  by the opinion  of others!  As if anyone  really cares!  I like vanilla.

Betty
Betty I was making a joke. No one here ever understands humor unless you put this is humor in large capitol letters.

SeilerBird said:
Betty I was making a joke. No one here ever understands humor unless you put this is humor in large capitol letters.
Often way too true! And not just with our forum friends; our humor is often too subtle and refined!
And I consider both states nice to visit but wouldn't want to live there.
Will probably never visit California again.

BobNSam said:
Often way too true! And not just with our forum friends; our humor is often too subtle and refined!
And I consider both states nice to visit but wouldn't want to live there.
Will probably never visit California again.
I didn't start this stupid thread even though I am getting credit for it. Someone took something I said in another thread and split it into this one. Don't waste your time responding to this stupidity. I love both California and Florida, I have lived in both. Twin sons of different mothers. 

SeilerBird said:

SeilerBird, I hope that I do not offend you, but.... I agree!!!  :);)  ;D

Memtb said:
    SeilerBird, I hope that I do not offend you, but.... I agree!!!  :);)  ;D
You don't offend me, I have been offended by the best around here and my skin is really thick. I have lived in California for 40 years and Florida for 5 years and I find it humorous how often people feel it necessary to bad mouth both states. They are probably jealous because they are not smart enough to live in either state so they bad mouth them to try and make their state look better. This is really a stupid thread and I hope the mods will kill it.

This is really a stupid thread and I hope the mods will kill it.

No reason to lock or remove it. If you don't wish to read it, don't click on it  ;)

FWIW we don't have 'threads' here, and haven't since 2005; Replies are made to a topic, not to individual messages and posters. It took folks a while to adjust to the change from the prior 12 years.

SeilerBird said:
You don't offend me, I have been offended by the best around here and my skin is really thick. I have lived in California for 40 years and Florida for 5 years and I find it humorous how often people feel it necessary to bad mouth both states. They are probably jealous because they are not smart enough to live in either state so they bad mouth them to try and make their state look better. This is really a stupid thread and I hope the mods will kill it.

THIS IS HUMOR

I'm just happy you consider me one of the best. If you don't think I am, don't tell me. I have a fragile ego.

I was stationed in San Diego for the summer of 1980 and enjoyed it as much as a sailor could on $211 a month. It rained once when I was there, poured about 40 drops to the acre! I also lived in Florida for a while. I enjoyed both places. The biggest drawback I would have living in California would be the cost of living. I have a few friends and a bunch of family in Florida.

Tom said:
No reason to lock or remove it. If you don't wish to read it, don't click on it  ;)

FWIW we don't have 'threads' here, and haven't since 2005; Replies are made to a topic, not to individual messages and posters. It took folks a while to adjust to the change from the prior 12 years.

Okay. Not locked or removed. I was born and raised in Florida and I was stationed at Eglin AFB in Ft. Walton Beach while serving in the AF. Florida has some great attributes like the University of Florida. There are also some down sides to Florida such as Florida State University (THAT WAS A JOKE).Florida has some beautiful beaches and great fishing plus Disney World (the RV park is great). California has the Redwood zforest and Fern Valley plus San Francisco and San Diego. My son lived in Monterey for a few years. He said it was the most beautiful place he had ever lived (and he traveled the world with the AF). Having lived in 13 States and traveled through most all 50 States I would be pressed to say which state is my favorite. Just don't ask me which state, out of all we have lived in or visited, I dislike the most. That might start a real argument on this thread.

Tom said:

Thanks Tom!!!!    I approve your message!  :))    ;)

Oldgator73 said:
Just don't ask me which state, out of all we have lived in or visited, I dislike the most. That might start a real argument on this thread.

Probably the one you're in now. Can't say it's the worst, but close!

I would be pressed to say which state is my favorite

We've lived on 2 continents and traveled extensively on a third. We've also traveled in/through most of our states. I often think that it would be difficult to pick a single 'ideal' place to live the rest of our days; Every place we've been has pros and cons.

There's only two places people live; where they are born or where they land. I overheard a conversation once, don't remember where or who but someone asked a guy "You lived here all your life?" The old guy said "Not yet."

Tom said:
We've lived on 2 continents and traveled extensively on a third. We've also traveled in/through most of our states. I often think that it would be difficult to pick a single 'ideal' place to live the rest of our days; Every place we've been has pros and cons.
Another reason to have the RV if you don't like it where you are it's on wheels and easy to move.

[quote author=glen54737]Another reason to have the RV if you don't like it where you are it's on wheels and easy to move.[/quote]

True, although my prior comment was in the context of a 'fixed' place to live out our days; We don't plan to do that in an RV. But, to your point, we can leave Dodge in the RV whenever we want.

FWIW the last several years we've adopted a retirement lifestyle involving 3 fixed bases:
  • Our primary residence in CA  (spend up to 6 months a year, but not necessarily consecutive).
  • A town house in OH near two families of kids and grandkids (spend 1-2 months twice a year)
  • An RV lot in WY (spend 3 months a year with a break for a trip to OH).
When we bought the CA house in 2000, it was planned as our "future retirement home", with the ability to lock it up and leave for several months at a time, either by boat or by RV. We've done both, but the RV gets more use than the boat nowadays.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom