rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Tell us what you would change about your current RV?  (Read 5560 times)

Oscar Mike

Re: Tell us what you would change about your current RV?
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2018, 03:35:13 PM »
The manufacturers plate from Winnebago Aspect to Renegade Verona LE.

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »
For the most part I am pretty happy with the work I've done to ours in the past several years.  With the suspension work that I've done it now handles and steers like a dream, the new paint job last year it looks like new, the interior we just redid now makes the inside look almost new again.  I guess I would say the one thing I would like to change on our current rig is racking up more miles.  This work thing is really interfering with my RVing. ;)

As for the wish list, a mid-2000's Prevost is at the very tippy top of the list.  Damnear bought one a few months back and now that's all I can think about, but I think that will have to wait until closer to retirement.  Until then just keep putting miles on our old Dynasty.

Mike
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002

Yonder

• ---
  • Northwest Montana (hard to leave in the summer)
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
Our Class A is still too new to us to have any wish list to speak of since we only pulled the trigger on this when we suddenly came across a rig that had (almost) everything.  That was after a year of shopping for a used coach to replace our 5er. But ... the 5er had a fireplace. Now when we were first shopping for that 5er I figured an electric fireplace was a weak joke for yuppies. But once I found out that it is a real 1500W heater I changed my thinking.  Plus, it looks pretty good on those cold mornings when my bride is still sleeping and I am quietly sipping a good cuppa in the dark. Having said that, I am joyfully in the process of adding one the coach as we speak.  Ordered it via mail and it should be here in a few days. I'm a carpenter so the cabinetry and mods will be fun.
Yonder & BabyCakes + Missy & Shadow - (The Aussies)
2008 Itasca Horizon 40TD, 425 HP Cummins
2006 HD Ultra Glide (towed on an Aluma, MC1F folding trlr)
'79 Ford F250 4x4 Manual Tranny (DD)

flagolfer

• ---
  • One of these days. . .
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »
Well, I don't have a MH yet, but I was at the Tampa show and thought of some things I would like to see in a MH:

--Move the stackable W/D away from the toilet.  DW couldn't begin to understand why you would have to lean over the toilet to wash and dry clothes.
--A rearview full-time camera acting as a rear view mirror (the Cadillac CT6 incorporates this).  Side mirrors are all well and good but I want to see what is directly behind me.
--Some of the MH's had small infotainment screens.  I'd like a screen about the size of my iPad.
--Along that lines, angle the infotainment screen towards the driver.  I saw some MH's where the screen was pointing straight back. I would want it angled to reduce the distance my eyes have to turn to see it.
--A remote infotainment screen for the passenger where they can handle things like changing radio stations, etc.  When you're driving a vehicle of 45,000 pounds or more, you don't want to take your eyes off the road to change radio stations or fiddle with the nav.
--I know some people love the outside mirror cameras but my thought was - "you want me to look right (at the monitor) while I'm making a left hand turn?"

I did see some MH's that met all or most of the above criteria but. . . . not as many as I would have liked.

Molaker

• ---
  • We don't camp. We tour.
    • Pumpkin and Us
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2018, 12:08:49 PM »
I would make the driver younger.
Tom & Joyce and Ditto the "don't tell her she's a dog" Westie
U.S. Navy (Ret)
2014 Winnebago ERA 70X 24' class B Sprinter chassis