Main slide topper adjustment.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill and Debbie

Looks like our 2010 has pretty standard slide toppers, but the main one could use to be tightened if that's possible. Just looser than the bedroom topper. Seems to want to hold more water and that stretches it even further. Sorry I can't post a pic but looks like one end may be adjustable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Our toppers are made by Carefree, and their tension is adjustable, BUT when I looked into tightening one of them up (just a little) it looked like it would be very easy to screw up, and then the tensioning system could unwind. It's been awhile since I looked at it, so I don't remember all the steps (I downloaded them from Carefree) but I seem to remember that (at the time) I felt it was a two man job.

Kev

Bill and Debbie said:
Looks like our 2010 has pretty standard slide toppers, but the main one could use to be tightened if that's possible. Just looser than the bedroom topper. Seems to want to hold more water and that stretches it even further. Sorry I can't post a pic but looks like one end may be adjustable.

Any help would be appreciated.

It's not really stretching it. It may be just unrolling it a little from the reel. It's the nature of the beast.
My big slide has that issue but it's no big deal. When I close the slide, I just close in in short spurts to allow the water to run off gradually. I've heard of some people putting a couple of beach balls under the topper to keep the water off but then you'd need a ladder to remove them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom