EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Main slide topper adjustment.  (Read 92 times)

Bill and Debbie

• ---
Main slide topper adjustment.
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »
Looks like our 2010 has pretty standard slide toppers, but the main one could use to be tightened if that's possible. Just looser than the bedroom topper. Seems to want to hold more water and that stretches it even further. Sorry I can't post a pic but looks like one end may be adjustable.

Any help would be appreciated.
William Bonsell
Poulsbo, WA

2010 CT Coachworks Siena 35V
1999 Cherokee Sport with Roadmaster Falcon 5250

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
Re: Main slide topper adjustment.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »
Our toppers are made by Carefree, and their tension is adjustable, BUT when I looked into tightening one of them up (just a little) it looked like it would be very easy to screw up, and then the tensioning system could unwind. It's been awhile since I looked at it, so I don't remember all the steps (I downloaded them from Carefree) but I seem to remember that (at the time) I felt it was a two man job.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
Re: Main slide topper adjustment.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »
Looks like our 2010 has pretty standard slide toppers, but the main one could use to be tightened if that's possible. Just looser than the bedroom topper. Seems to want to hold more water and that stretches it even further. Sorry I can't post a pic but looks like one end may be adjustable.

Any help would be appreciated.

It's not really stretching it. It may be just unrolling it a little from the reel. It's the nature of the beast.
My big slide has that issue but it's no big deal. When I close the slide, I just close in in short spurts to allow the water to run off gradually. I've heard of some people putting a couple of beach balls under the topper to keep the water off but then you'd need a ladder to remove them.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Hosted by Over The Network