Another black tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Relee52

Does anyone know if the black tank flush sprays from the top to cover all surfaces, or does it just run water into the tank? I've been attaching the hose, closing the valve and turning the water on then every minute or so opening the valve. I have one of the clear connectors so I can see when I'm getting clean water through, but I still don't know if I'm doing enough to clean the sides of the tank. I have one of those "wands" that has a spinning head you stick through the toilet valve but that seems overkill with the exterior flush.
TIA for replies.

You might check the search option as this has been discussed quite a bit before.  Bottom line is the flush spray is minimally effective.

Relee52 said:
Does anyone know if the black tank flush sprays from the top to cover all surfaces, or does it just run water into the tank? I've been attaching the hose, closing the valve and turning the water on then every minute or so opening the valve. I have one of the clear connectors so I can see when I'm getting clean water through, but I still don't know if I'm doing enough to clean the sides of the tank. I have one of those "wands" that has a spinning head you stick through the toilet valve but that seems overkill with the exterior flush.
TIA for replies.
I have a flusher and wouldn't be without it. My tank is rectangle and the flusher is in the front wall of the tank which is maybe 24" wide. They bored a hole just about in the middle of that wall and inserted the flusher. It shoots water all the way back to the rear wall (about 4') and also down on the bottom of the tank.
With the drain valve shut, I run the flusher for about 3 or 4 minutes then I dump again. I also have the clear elbow. I'll do this as many times as it takes until the water is somewhat clear. Doesn't have to be perfect. Then I run it run it for about 1 minute just to put water in the tank. You should always start with water in the tank to slosh around while motoring down the road and to also help break up anything that may have stayed in the tank.  It also starts the break down process when you start using the toilet.

take a look at fitrv.com
James did some interesting videos on the subject a while back.  While not an absolute answer, it gives you a really good idea of what's going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom