Journey's - Transmissions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Top38

How can you tell if these motorhomes (older 2002 to 2006) have a 5 or 6 speed transmission?
thanks

Not all have 6 speeds. I understand that the DL's came standard with them but not the regular Journey's

I was able to check this in two ways, the model number showed it was the DL version and they only came with 6 speeds and I also found a tag on the tranny that listed it as the 3000 MH which is the 6 speed.

thanks

Not all have 6 speeds. I understand that the DL's came standard with them but not the regular Journey's

The transmission is selected to match the engine torque & Hp rating, and to some extent the target price. However, back between 2002 and 2004, the 'regular' Journey used a lower-rated Cummins ISB (275 hp) and was mated to an Allison 2000MH 5-speed. The 2005 & 2006 Journey had an Allison 2500 5-speed as standard but many Journeys were equipped with a higher output engine and the Allison 3000 6-speed. Not sure if it was DL vs regular or an engine option when the rig was ordered, but the DL had the engine/tranny upgrade as part of the DL package.

You can view the chassis specs by year/brand/model at https://www.fcccrv.com/coaches/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom