Reverse lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binkleton

Has Anyone installed extra reverse lights on their coach? I was backing into a relatively large parking spot before sun up a few mornings ago. I felt like I was backing by Braille. Would rather not crunch the back of the coach on something I couldn't see. Suggestions?

How about a set of docking lights similar to these:

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Boat-LED-Surface-Mount-Docking/dp/B06Y5ZR7NN/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1506037599&sr=8-10&keywords=led+docking+lights

I put a pair of these back there
https://www.amazon.com/Senlips-Offroad-Waterproof-Off-road-Vehicle/dp/B01MTX7SU4

Here's a photo...well actually of the ones I put on there first.
The single row light really didn't put out enough...and after some time... a year maybe, several of the led's burned out
so I replaced with the ones linked to here on amazon.
I mounted them angled outboard a bit, so that the inner reaches of the beam reach rearward but out enough that the two beams don't really meet in the middle.  Not enough light to help much with my camera.... not enough for it to switch to daylight mode but enough to screw up the IR picture....
Mostly they help with the view in the mirrors which is what i mostly use anyway...
I'd say they could stand to be even a bit brighter still, but I was concerned about loading up the circuit too much, & didn't want to get into running wires and relays....

Attachments

• IMG_20160710_093932961_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160710_093932961_HDR.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 19
I've installed the very same (amazon) aux backup lights as blw2, also angled out... just a bit. 2 under the bumper of the pick-up, 2 under the bumper of the FW. Between the 4.. they light up the night.. when needed.

FWIW ?

I used a relay on the pick-up, controlled by the OEM backup light circuit. The light power is from a 10ga wire, pulled from Up-fitter switch #1.

On the FW, I hard wired them from the hot lead for the powered rear stabilized jacks... too the lights, via a waterproof switch, mounted on the left rear corner of the coach.

Back
Top Bottom