vinyl mold protection Club Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

Hi,

I have a Club Car that develops mold on the seats at every opportunity. Has anyone found a product that seals the vinyl well enough to prevent this? Tara is wearing herself out keeping the mold at bay!

Ernie

Our Club Car seat has shown no signs of mold. It suggests moisture that doesn't dissipate.  I can olny suggest bleach to kill the mold, but there seems to be something else going on here. grashley's suggestion is probably a good one.

Tara got the mold off but it appears that newer Club Cars (it's a 2014) have poorly or not sealed vinyl.  My neighbors 2015 has the same problem (he did put seat covers on his). I'm sure Florida weather doesn't help either.  :eek:

Ernie

I use awesome to clean my boat seats and then go over them with a good amount of GoJo hand soap. Still look like new at 10 years old.

Perhaps the material has some chemical additive that certain molds find hospitable. And once the mold spores get down in the pores of the material, continued warm moisture is gonna re-grow it. Bleach or peroxide or vinegar is about the only effective way to kill it off, and it takes more than just a wipe.  If that doesn't work, re-upholstering may be the only answer.

Faux-leather [vinyl] is made to be porous for comfort - it's hot and sticky to sit on otherwise (real leather is porous too). Remember those clear vinyl seat covers from the 60's?

Back
Top Bottom