Leaving Dodge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We've been packing and wrapping up the lot here in WY, ready to leave for our home base in CA on Sunday. It's been cold here the last few days, and we had hail stones this morning. If the weather forecast predicted warmer weather next week, I'd beg to stay a few more days so I could go fishing.

As I tell people, a lot of these decisions are very tough but........somebody's gotta do it! :)

Lived over 30 years in North Dakota and laughed every fall when all the snowbirds headed south to their Arizona mobile homes sitting 20 feet apart with golf carts running amok and shuffleboard courts for entertainment.  Heck, shoveling snow and enduring blizzards and 40 below made  me a tough guy - until - I got tired of it and moved permanently to warmer climes.  Now I still long to return but age and medical problems say no.

Bill

It's been in the mid nineties here in Chicago. I'm ready to go to cool Arizona. Yea, Surprise, AZ is cooler than Chicago. What happened to the beautiful fall weather in the midwest? Elkhart and northern Indiana for the next 2 weeks then we head back to Happy Trails for a while.

Ken & Sheila said:
It's been in the mid nineties here in Chicago. I'm ready to go to cool Arizona. Yea, Surprise, AZ is cooler than Chicago. What happened to the beautiful fall weather in the midwest? Elkhart and northern Indiana for the next 2 weeks then we head back to Happy Trails for a while.

We had an unusually cool August in Missouri but September has made up for that with high temps.  Hopefully relieve comes next week.

Our daughter in Columbus, OH was ribbing me because it was mid 80's there while it was low 30's here in WY. But she didn't mention the 94% RH. I don't do humidity, and was sure glad I wasn't there.

We will be heading to the Midwest in a week and a half (Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri), and I am just hoping they get back to seasonal temperatures. Like Tom, the humidity just kills me in the summer, and they are still in full summer right now. I have fairly curly hair, and every time I am in humidity I feel like Shirley Temple with with thin grading hair LOL! Good hair days only exist in dry climates.

I will be in South Dakota til mid October.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't get too cold during this time, and hopefully no SNOW!!!

Tom said:
We've been packing and wrapping up the lot here in WY, ready to leave for our home base in CA on Sunday. It's been cold here the last few days, and we had hail stones this morning. If the weather forecast predicted warmer weather next week, I'd beg to stay a few more days so I could go fishing.

Tom,  We've considered leaving as well... It's getting far too crowed!    ;D  memtb

I stand corrected!  The state is not "crowed"....it's getting "crowded"!

Larry,  "NEVER" trust spell helper....seems it "never" thinks the same way that I do!  ;)

Good catch!

Although, Riverton seems to be very popular to the "crow crowd" in winter!

Back
Top Bottom