Our Mermaid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may be like me following Matthew.. NO internet where I was parked, NO power, No phone, No internet, NO nothing and out of range of the nearest cell tower.

BUT in my case 3 miles down the still open (Barley) road was both a cell tower and a "public" (Guest) internet access point.. So I posted to facebook cause that's where my most important person (Daughter and brother) are..  Some folks were able to re-post to other forums.. Do not recall if I posted here.

It's not that easy using the computer inside the car.

A few days later we got power back (I actually never lost it thanks to Mr. Onan and Mr. Xantrex) and then later internet. but compared to Irma matthew was rather tame.

Just wondering John (and others).  Why does using email not suffice in place of posting to Facebook?  Understand I do not do any social media but I always wonder when folks give it praise for allowing them access to others.  Social media with us is a 50/50 thing.  Folks scream for privacy but then post their daily movements onto a social media site.  Seems I see 3 great FB stories for every 3 horror stories.  Thats what I meant about 50/50.

Bill 

I am pleased to hear about LittleMissMermaid. Regarding social media, if you only want a small group of close acquaintances to know what's up, email works fine assuming the folks read it. My kids (25-36) don't; they really only use social media and texts. As for social media in general, I really like keeping up with various circles of friends that I would not call close, but friends never the less. They are scattered across the country, so I use Facebook a lot. For example, I would never keep friends from HS on an email list, but it is nice to see them on FB with pictures of their kids and grand kids.

From her blog:

"We Survived!
We're alive.

More later.

Sunday the 23rd of September, 2017, Noon

Dear Miss Mermaid and Monkey Dog"

Bill N said:
Just wondering John (and others).  Why does using email not suffice in place of posting to Facebook?  Understand I do not do any social media but I always wonder when folks give it praise for allowing them access to others.  Social media with us is a 50/50 thing.  Folks scream for privacy but then post their daily movements onto a social media site.  Seems I see 3 great FB stories for every 3 horror stories.  Thats what I meant about 50/50.

Bill
To be honest John, young people shun email. They think it is for old people. They usually only communicate by text and social media. My sister told me when her kids go to visit their friends they don't ring the doorbell, they send an 'I'm here' text.

So glad to hear our favorite mermaid and her hairy child are okay, albeit probably a little the worse for wear!

Ardra

Welcome back, Miss Mermaid!  Glad to see you posting again.  Looking forward to hearing your Irma tale.

ArdraF

[quote author=SeilerBird]... young people shun email. They think it is for old people.[/quote]

Aye, quite right Tom. When I asked our 30-year old grandson why he doesn't reply to my emails, he said "we don't communicate that old-fashioned way".

I'm amazed at the number of public websites who expect everyone to use social media and no longer give email access.  They get very one-sided comments because not everyone has Facebook or Twitter which I avoid like the plague.

ArdraF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom