Norcold Fridge Not Working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ctownsend.2745

I have a 2003 jayfeather with the norcold 611 refrigerator. It has auto and gas capabilities, but for some reason only works on gas. When its working that is. Other times both lights just flash and I have to consistently turn the power on and off until it decides to work. If any of you could help me resolve this issue without me replacing the unit it would be greatly appreciated!

Ctownsend.2745 said:
I have a 2003 jayfeather with the norcold 611 refrigerator. It has auto and gas capabilities, but for some reason only works on gas. When its working that is. Other times both lights just flash and I have to consistently turn the power on and off until it decides to work. If any of you could help me resolve this issue without me replacing the unit it would be greatly appreciated!

First, welcome to the forum.
Are you saying that it does work on 110Volt AC at times or never?

Ours will not run on 110ac, but does run on propane. When I switch it to AC the light is on like it is working, but nothing is running and it is not cooling. Hoping it will work on 50amps.

There are several possibilities, but 50A vs 30A shore power is not one of them.

1. The electric heater element could be burned out or have a loose wire
2. The 120v power relay on the fridge circuit board could be failing
3. The 120vac fuse on the circuit board has blowm
4. The 120v branch circuit that powers the fridge in AC mode may have a tripped breaker
5. The outlet the fridge is plugged into could be bad.

#4 and #5 would prevent the fridge from automatically selecting AC mode.

The fridge controller uses 12vdc power for its operation, whether in LP or electric mode. The light comes on to indicate the controller is working and has selected, but does not mean that the AC heater is actually working.

What lights are on the display?  Do any of them blink?  For example, the Norcold N611 will blink the ON light 3 times every 3 seconds if the electric heater has failed. 4 blinks every 3 seconds means the control board is failing.  The Fault Codes are covered in the fridge owner manual. If you don't have it, get it at http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/1297/Owners-Manual-Through-32306.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom