reviews on keystone/roocwood travel trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happycamper05

We am currently looking to upgrade from a pop up to travel trailer have been looking at Keystone Passport Elite series with murphy bed and Rockwood Mini series with murphy bed. Looking at murphy bed style because love the floor space it gives you. Has any bought one with a murphy bed and do you like it?  Any reviews on these brands or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum!

I used to have a Rockwood trailer and did fine.

Hi There!

I've been living in a 2015 Mini Lite 1906 full time since November 2016.

For the most part I have been happy with it.

The murphy bed is a great use of the floor plan and not difficult to use in the slightest.

While I live in it alone with my two small dogs I have had guest stay with me for long periods of time (several weeks) and after the first week you do get into a routine of how to share such a small space.

I think you have to be aware of trailers in this price range, they are not perfect.

Any house you bounce around the country will have a few issues.

I've had to do some minor repairs, mostly where staples have been used. But a tube of decent glue got that fixed.

Ive also had to replace the runners on one of the shelves and the speaker screws were not aligned and I ended up having to re secure one of the speakers.

And that is really about it, in the way of (none self inflicted) repairs.

All the systems (cooker, fridge, sink, AC, tanks etc etc) are working fine.

The storage is poor, but this rig is made with weekend/ vacation travel in mind, and not full time living. I think if you are just using this vacation it will be fine.

I changed the layout and took out the dinette/bunks and replaced with more storage and a custom sitting / eating area - but again .... I'm full time, not a vacationer.

It is super easy to tow.

I don't find this a problem when Im alone, but stability can be a problem when I have another body in the rig. Like all single axle trailers, it wobbles even with the stabilizers are down. (This could be part user error too). It helped to get a second set of stabilizers that I add to the frame once parked. I wouldn't do "jumping jacks" inside the rig for example.

Again I must stress this isn't a problem with the mini lite, more a problem with ALL trailers of this size.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or need anything clarified further, please do not hesitate to ask.

All in all .... despite the few minor issues, I'm happy with my purchase.

Had a Mini Lite with Murphy bed 6 years, some awkward moments making the bed at times. It will fold up on you if you get too close to the head.  But for the most part we had a great time with ours..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom