What's the best pillow for sleeping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
My DW is having issues with neck aches when she wakes up in the morning and probably because of her pillow.
She has one of those memory foam super dooper pillows which is supposedly a cure for neck aches.
We've all seen advertised on TV "MyPillow.com" and one member raved about his buckwheat pillow  but that was a year ago. Do any of them really work. Members who have tried them please list the pro and cons or are there better one's out there.
Sleep Number also puts out a pillow.

This is the buckwheat pillow:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MI2L1Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just use an ordinary pillow DW got at some store (a little thicker than DW's), and fold the end underneath when lying on my side, thus giving a bit of extra support. I have yet to see one of the "special" pillows that I can use to good effect.

My brother just got these https://www.mypillow.com

He swears by it as being the best pillow he’s ever had. I’m thinking of ordering a couple myself

Edit: I just saw that you actually mentioned it already, but it might be worth checking out.

The one I use came from J.C. Penny 5 or 6 years ago. About$75 if remember correctly. Still comfortable.

Dvan said:
My brother just got these https://www.mypillow.com

He swears by it as being the best pillow he?s ever had. I?m thinking of ordering a couple myself

Edit: I just saw that you actually mentioned it already, but it might be worth checking out.

About a year ago, this very same subject came up and "MY PILLOW" didn't get the best reviews.  I think one member liked them.  I was hoping there were more members who've tried them what their results were.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,100764.msg906524.html#msg906524

With my arthritis pain, I went through all different types of pillows trying to find something comfortable. After staying at Wyndham resorts we fell in love with their bedding. They offer them for purchase at http://Wyndhamathome.com. They have a blue label line and a more deluxe black label line. The blue label is what is used in the resorts and quite nice! We have bought many pillows over several years, sheet sets and also the duvet and cover- love it! If you happen to own Wyndham timeshare you get free shipping and there are often sales. They also sell GE appliances and we got a great deal on a replacement microwave/convection oven for RV.

The pillows are made by Sobel Westex so you might check if they can be purchased from them too. They aren?t super expensive so might be worth ordering one or two to try out. They seem to last several years before I need to replace them.

Good luck finding something.

Vicki

Our friend bought some of those My Pillows and hated them.  When she tried to return them she not only had to pay postage but they weren't able to get them back into the same box so she even had to buy boxes.  She was not impressed and said she would never recommend them to anyone.  I saw them at a rally and they didn't look so great to me.

I buy pillows at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond and stick with Fiberfill.  I like thinner and Jerry likes thicker.  In any case they go in the washing machine and dryer.

ArdraF

I'm almost 63 years old and I'm now sleeping on the most comfortable pillow I've ever owned.....and I have neck issues and have for years.  When we bought our new sleep number bed, they had pillows for sale also and I bought one from them.  It's kind of carved out in the front (kind of a semi circle) and the rest of it surrounds your head.  I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, but I do know it's the most comfortable pillow I've ever owned and slept on.

I recently went thru this exercise. Tara thought I needed a stiff pillow. One night and the pain was excruciating.  I went on a search of our stock of pillows and found a completely worn out thin pillow. It worked and now Tara is on a mission to replace "that disgusting thing" with an equivalent new one. No luck so far! ;D

Ernie

Like mattresses, pillows are a personal choice. I like a 'high' pillow, and will stack 3 if necessary. It/they also need to be semi-firm. Chris likes one (two at most) soft pillows. Occasionally, we've tried dense foam or memory foam pillows, and I hate them; Way too hot for me.

Tara is on a mission to replace "that disgusting thing" with an equivalent new one.

Pillow fill can be purchased in a variety of flavors, as can the material for a cover (or taken from an unused pillow). Tara could either make one, or have someone make it - just the way she likes.

yolo said:
We like bamboo pillows with memory foam filling.  Bought both king for the then RV and queen for home at an RV rally of all places.  Got rid of the RV with king bed and gave the pillows to my son.

The pillows are similar to these from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Plixio-Bamboo-Cooling-Shredded-Hypoallergenic/dp/B0176SPRZQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1506353863&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=bamboo+pillow&psc=1&smid=A205NGHGNY52SP

That's what she has now. Purchased one a year ago and now she hates it.  Thanks anyway.

I have had a lot of trouble sleeping all my adult life. It may sound stupid but in the 70s I was drinking a 12 pack of diet Pepsi per day and I did not understand that that was the reason I could not sleep at night. Not only did I have trouble staying asleep I had trouble getting asleep. Then in the 80s I discovered that if I smoked pot and got stoned I actually could sleep. Well the big problem I had was I have a huge tolerance for all drugs and it took me a lot of pot to get me stoned so I could sleep. Then a few years ago I was diagnosed with emphysema caused from too much pot and cigarette smoking so I have had to quit smoking pot. I stopped smoking cigarettes in 1999. So for the last few years I would go to bed and stare at the ceiling and toss and turn all night long.

I have tried every trick in the book (and on the Internet) to fall asleep. I eventually realized that the whole problem with falling asleep was due to the fact I was sleeping on my side and after ten of fifteen minutes of trying to fall asleep my shoulder would get sore and I would change sides. I decided to try and learn to sleep on my back. But try as I might I could not master sleeping on my back. Then a few months ago I discovered an article on the Internet on how to sleep on my back. It recommended putting an extra pillow under my head so that my shoulders would be elevated off the bed. Then put a pillow under my knees and one under each elbow. That did the trick. It is like sleeping in a basket. I now fall asleep in about 15 minutes and I no longer toss and turn.

Hey SeilerBird... Ever sit in one of those big "Papasan" bowl shaped chairs? That position makes me drift off to sleep every time.

Stephen S. said:
Hey SeilerBird... Ever sit in one of those big "Papasan" bowl shaped chairs? That position makes me drift off to sleep every time.
Yes I have. I own a very comfortable recliner that I watch tv on and periodically I will fall asleep watching tv. It used to tick me off that I could fall asleep in a chair but not in a bed.

My DW is having issues with neck aches when she wakes up in the morning and probably because of her pillow.
She has one of those memory foam super dooper pillows which is supposedly a cure for neck aches.
We've all seen advertised on TV "MyPillow.com" and one member raved about his buckwheat pillow but that was a year ago. Do any of them really work. Members who have tried them please list the pro and cons or are there better one's out there.
Sleep Number also puts out a pillow.

This is the buckwheat pillow:

squishmallow cow
Originally I was going to head to IKEA to get some pillows, but reviews don't seem great. There are so many pillows out there! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sleeping pillow (side/front sleeper) - I don't mind paying more for good quality. Any recommendations?

Best pillow????
Breast of a 21 year old girl with oversize hooties would be ideal for this old man (on meds). Not saying I could actually sleep but.......

YEP!!!!! the devil made me do it again.

Back
Top Bottom