Kohler Propane Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allanryan

I have a 7CCKM Kohler Propane Generator in my 1996 Motorhome.  It starts but once the start switch is released, it stops running.  I have checked several things and now would like to check the LOP switch but am unable to locate it.  It does not slide out and I have removed the front metal cover and the top and still cannot locate it.  The other problem could be the circuit board.  Does anyone know where the LOP switch is?  If it is a defective LOP switch , will the generator run until the K5 LOP light) comes on.  Any comments/suggestions.  Thanks
Allan

Check the oil level. It will also do that if the board doesn't see output from the generator but that is hard to troubleshoot without the diagnostic tool. If it is the board be prepared for a hit to the wallet if it is still available, Kohler has not made rv generators for quite a few years.
You might get lucky if it is the board. Often a burnt resistor can be replaced by a competent electronics tech. Thirty years ago the board was over $500 Cdn. We would replace them then the boss' bil, a college electronics instructor, would repair them for almost nothing. We then sold the refurbished boards for $350 exchange, it was a license to print money but the customers were happy. We got them out the door quickly and they saved some coin. We could not build boards because some of the components were proprietary to Kohler.

I have a 7CCKM Kohler Propane Generator in my 1996 Motorhome. It starts but once the start switch is released, it stops running. I have checked several things and now would like to check the LOP switch but am unable to locate it. It does not slide out and I have removed the front metal cover and the top and still cannot locate it. The other problem could be the circuit board. Does anyone know where the LOP switch is? If it is a defective LOP switch , will the generator run until the K5 LOP light) comes on. Any comments/suggestions. Thanks
Allan
Did you ever figure out the problem? I know it was awhile ago. Have same problem, same unit.

Back
Top Bottom