EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Rv'ers retuning to Florida?  (Read 243 times)

Patnsuzanne

• ---
Rv'ers retuning to Florida?
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
The first leg of our latest adventure took us up I95 from Jacksonville, Fl to Richmond, Va. We were amazed at the number of RVs headed south. We quit counting at over 200. They seemed to be mostly Class A coaches, with a fair smattering of Class Cs, 5ers and TTs. We can't recall any pop-ups or minis. Are all these folks returning to Fla now that Irma and the threat of Marie are in the rear view mirror, so to speak, or is this the annual migration south starting a little early?
2016 Toyota Tundra Extended Cab
5.7 V8
Equalizer WD hitch
Tekonsha P3
Venture Sporttrek 27RL

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
Re: Rv'ers retuning to Florida?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 06:05:58 PM »
The first leg of our latest adventure took us up I95 from Jacksonville, Fl to Richmond, Va. We were amazed at the number of RVs headed south. We quit counting at over 200. They seemed to be mostly Class A coaches, with a fair smattering of Class Cs, 5ers and TTs. We can't recall any pop-ups or minis. Are all these folks returning to Fla now that Irma and the threat of Marie are in the rear view mirror, so to speak, or is this the annual migration south starting a little early?

I would think that they're on their way home after Irma.  I don't believe too many snowbirds head down much before the middle of October. For me, it will be near the end of October.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

martin2340

• ---
Re: Rv'ers retuning to Florida?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 08:41:43 AM »
DW is in Naples with her father trying to get into Marco Island and route 952 is back up from route 41 all the way in and down to 1 lane of traffic because of road and tree damage. They turned around and are heading for a back way in from Alligator Alley.
DW said the ride down 75S was filled with all of the RV's and campers.
Joe & Mari from Sanatoga PA
2010 F-150 Lariat 4X4 Heavy Duty Tow package(gone 7-17)
2017 F-250 Lariat 4X4 6.7 turbo diesel
2014 Sunset Trail 32rl
2002 Pearl White Road King Classic
Homebase: SE PA Sanatoga I can see the Limerick Power Plant from here

Hosted by Over The Network