Truck wash?s ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warhorse

Are truck wash?s safe as far as not harmful to the finish and graphics on a new RV?

depends on the truck wash and what they are using to clean the trucks.
blue beacon is the big guy in this category and you will get as many yea's and nay's on how they do and which location.
stay away from harsh chemicals that a lot of them use along with high pressure power washers that can rip your seals and destroy your graphics.
if you want to be safe hand washing it your self or hiring some one to hand wash it. 

FWIW I took my electric pressure washer to the front hood to dislodge the caked on bugs and the stick on decal just whisked away in pieces, leaving a permanent scar to the white body work... I kicked myself for being so stupid.... I knew it was just a stick on decal, but I just got in a hurry and  pushed my luck......be careful!...

I've run our coach through various Blue Beacon and other truck washes around the country over 100 times over the years. No problems.

The finish on your motor home isn't any different from your car, and you don't think twice about running it through a car wash, do you?

Same thing...

I think the difference between the finish of a car and an RV is that some RVs have decals on them.  My motorhome has full body paint, and I have used Blue Beacon many times with excellent results.

If your RV has decals, you probably want to make sure they are glued on tightly. 

So, Warhorse, does your RV have decals or full body paint?  You might want to put the make and model just below your signature as many of us have done, so you will get a better answer. 

Aside from decals, another issue is whether they use high pressure washing on the caulking around windows and other openings.  You need to be sure they don't dislodge caulking which can cause leaks.

ArdraF

I use Blue Beacon, but I don't think I would without full body paint.  Even so I have heard of some issues.  A relative stopped in and got their electronics wet and stuff didn't work for a while.  I've never had that issues so I guess ours is pretty water tight.

JudyJB said:
You might want to put the make and model just below your signature as many of us have done, so you will get a better answer.
Huh? Sorry but it IS there.

My MH does have decals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom