Recommend dealerships and specific salespeople to ask for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SebastianFL

Is it okay of this forum to ask people to recommend an RV dealership in my area (Palm Bay, FL and Melbourne, FL are the closest ones; maybe Vero Beach? a bit farther down the road is Port St. Lucie and Ft Pierce and they have places, I think)?  And if so, then is it okay to ask them to name a salesperson or persons they have had a good experience with, etc?  I have never been on an RV lot and have never dealt with RV salespeople before... I can assume it's like car shopping, but this is a lot more money at stake and I have read a lot about dealerships and the contracts some have you sign that do not benefit the buyer. Thanks.

I'd recommend a visit to Lazy Days just to see a variety of RV's conveniently (they have hundreds and all are left open). You can browse to your hearts content. Probably not the cheapest dealer, but we dealt with Sharon Harmon (sesrching for a specific unit) and felt as if we got good service.

On the other question; NO It is not like car shopping! RV's are hand built and the variety is staggering.  Warrantees are of questionable value and you are unlikely to really know what you want on the first purchase. We bought a throwaway priced MH initially to see what we liked and didn't.  I strongly suggest used as a first purchase to get some experience before buying up.

Ernie

Agree with Ernie that a trip to the big dealers in Tampa and Fort Meyers area would be well worth while. Plan on spending a few days and wear comfy shoes, cause the display lots are huge. The idea is to see as many RVs as possible and get a feel for what will best suit your needs. You may not buy at any of them, or you may find the dream rig.

The sales people at Lazy Days are well trained and quite professional, so they can be helpful, but always keep in mind that they are there to sell you what they have. Sharon Harmon is good to work with - we bought our last coach from her late husband.

It is NOT really like car shopping, though the sales hustle in some stores will seem reminiscent of a used car lot.  Ernie's comments are on-target.

In case you come more inland, I will tell you where NOT to go....Camping World in Dover (Tampa area) on I-4. You'll do yourself a favor if you just drive on by.  Good Luck.

Palm Bay has Giant Recreation World. Try Quality RV in Melbourne. Melbourne has several other RV dealers. I use Quality for my service and parts when needed and I can't do the work myself. Their prices are high like all RV dealers.

My checkbook would do them very little good.  I'm going to have to finance this with a small down payment and no trade-in.  When I sell my house, I'll have breathing room again and can drive off into the sunset to my first RV park...about five miles from my house.   

Back
Top Bottom