EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 681 times)

OBX

• ---
NFL
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »
I am a veteran and proud American.  I am beyond disgusted and dismayed by the NFL and the player protests on foreign soil, on national television and most importantly, before our flag during the playing of the national anthem.  The protests are an insult to everyone who has ever worn a U.S. military uniform and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  It insults the families of the heroes we have lost.  The protests insult the police and all first responders who race into action when the call comes.  The protests are a disgrace to the United States of America.

Patriot and Proud American
Scott

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
Re: NFL
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 01:45:27 PM »
I am a veteran and proud American.  I am beyond disgusted and dismayed by the NFL and the player protests on foreign soil, on national television and most importantly, before our flag during the playing of the national anthem.  The protests are an insult to everyone who has ever worn a U.S. military uniform and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  It insults the families of the heroes we have lost.  The protests insult the police and all first responders who race into action when the call comes.  The protests are a disgrace to the United States of America.

Patriot and Proud American
Scott

X2. Well said. Yes they have the right to protest but IMHO as a veteran,  not use the American Flag  as their base.  If they don't like what's going on here, move to another country.  They've even got 8 year old kids doing it now. As if they understand. I blame the coaches and the parents for that.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 01:46:20 PM »
What insults me is the idiots who are protesting the NFL players for protesting. I am will to bet all these patriots never put down their beer and stand for the National Anthem when it comes over their TV. But they complain that the people on TV aren't standing. I have watched lots of sporting events in bars and other people's homes and I have never seen anyone stand except inside a ball park or at school. They are pure hypocrites.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:55:11 PM »
I also served my time defending our Flag, and National Anthem. I feel part of what I was protecting is the peoples right to free speech, and the ability to peacefully protest whatever they want. I also feel there is the right time and place to do so. I also am beyond disgusted about the protests. There is no excuse to not honor our Flag and National Anthem.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

LarsMac

• ---
  • Larry and Margo With Ami the Chi-cha
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »
What insults me is the idiots who are protesting the NFL players for protesting. I am will to bet all these patriots never put down their beer and stand for the National Anthem when it comes over their TV. But they complain that the people on TV aren't standing. I have watched lots of sporting events in bars and other people's homes and I have never seen anyone stand except inside a ball park or at school. They are pure hypocrites.
:)) :))
2000 Itasca Sundancer 430V
2007 Saturn Vue

If you lose your sense of humor, it's just not funny anymore. - Wavy Gravy

LarsMac

• ---
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
I always stand for the National Anthem, but when people start telling my that I have to do so, I am going to sit down.
2007 Saturn Vue

Isaac-1

• ---
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Without taking sides, what I don't see here is the NFL's end game here
2002 Safari Trek 2830

Jweb98

• ---
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »
I'm with Seilerbird on this.
Jim
2014 Silverado
2016 Rockwood 2604ws

LarsMac

• ---
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:44:28 PM »
A little bit of history.
The NFL decided back in 2009 that all players should come out to the field and stand for the Anthem to give a display of patriotism.
Now, the NFL owners are starting to tell players that they can be fired for not doing so.

That is a violation of all the Flag, and the Constitution stand for.

What the players are doing is not about the flag.

That is all I have to say. I promise.
2007 Saturn Vue

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
I agree the protests are not about the Flag. But there's no need to disrespect the Flag or the National Anthem during your protests. There are other peaceful ways to protest.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

martin2340

• ---
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »
Overpaid left wing cry babies that found a way to make a scene. I don't fully agree with Seilerbird as I sat in my car last evening waiting for the Washington game to start and a little girl came on to sing the National Anthem and I took off my hat during it as the boos were coming from the stands. I too believe they have every right but choosing the NA is pure disrespect in my mind.
Joe & Mari from Sanatoga PA
2010 F-150 Lariat 4X4 Heavy Duty Tow package(gone 7-17)
2017 F-250 Lariat 4X4 6.7 turbo diesel
2014 Sunset Trail 32rl
2002 Pearl White Road King Classic
Homebase: SE PA Sanatoga I can see the Limerick Power Plant from here

Paul & Ann

• ---
    • Paul and Ann's Great RV Adventure
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 03:02:58 PM »
Forced patriotism is tyranny. 
Paul & Ann  Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J
http://stoughrvadventure.blogspot.com/

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 03:12:24 PM »
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

OBX

• ---
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
It's not forced Patriotism or tyrranny.  They are entertainment employees who are "on the clock".  I cannot protest on my employer's time and inflict embarrassment upon my employer.  Just exercising my rights.  If there isn't significant change to pregame ceremonies my Sunday afternoons and Monday nights are going to get freed up.

Paul & Ann

• ---
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
I cannot protest on my employer's time and inflict embarrassment upon my employer. 

Actually, you can, however, you may be disciplined for it, just as the NFL players are subject to discipline by their employers.
Paul & Ann  Iowa

HappyWanderer

• ---
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »
NASCAR has made their view on this pretty clear: protest on company time and you're history.
I don't have gray hair. I have wisdom highlights.

Buckeye4692002

• ---
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
I have no issue with protesting and believe it to be both a right, and healthy for a society.  My issue is with the venue.
There is one reason they get any attention, because they're paid to play a game.  They're paid from the receipts of the tickets we all buy.  They're paid from the revenue from TV deals, because we all watch.  In essence they're using a pestle we built to protest something that we (all) don't agree with.
Second, when entire teams, coaches, owners and the NFL participate in the protest it moves from an individual (player) making an unpatriotic gesture, to an organization taking that same stance.  When I wear the logo of that organization, I am (by financing the organization) perpetuating that stance.  They make fans complicit.
They may believe that the First Amendment entitles them to protest, anything, anywhere, anytime and in any way they see fit no mater how disgraceful.  But, Jack Nickelson summed up my feelings quite well:

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!"  - Col. Nathan R. Jessup
2009 Damon Daybreak 3370

Paul & Ann

• ---
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »
NASCAR has made their view on this pretty clear: protest on company time and you're history.

What is NASCAR going to do when all the black drivers take a knee during the national anthem?  Oh wait... never mind.
Paul & Ann  Iowa

martin2340

• ---
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »
Next it will be Basketball and maybe both guys in hockey. It needs to stop or don't televise the anthem and bring attention to it.
Joe & Mari from Sanatoga PA
2010 F-150 Lariat 4X4 Heavy Duty Tow package(gone 7-17)
2017 F-250 Lariat 4X4 6.7 turbo diesel
2014 Sunset Trail 32rl
2002 Pearl White Road King Classic
Homebase: SE PA Sanatoga I can see the Limerick Power Plant from here

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
What is NASCAR going to do when all the black drivers take a knee during the national anthem?  Oh wait... never mind.
[/quote]
:)) :)) :))
Pam and Kevin plus Minou and Lily (the cats) plus Lexi (the grand-dog)
2014 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKS
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
http://toobusyforwork.com

jje1960

• ---
  • Jim
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 04:14:05 PM »
Personally I stand, remove my hat, put my hand over my heart and recite the pledge of allegiance, as well as when the national anthem plays.  No one forces me to do this, it's my choice.  No one forced me to enlist in the Marine Corps repeatedly for my 11yrs of service.  I respect this great country of ours and those that didn't come home from their service.  Please don't let this thread disintegrate into disrespectful garbage.  Talk about how to enjoy your RV or something.
Jim
2011 Ford F350 DRW 6.7 Diesel
2011 Cougar SRX

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 04:21:24 PM »
Please don't let this thread disintegrate into disrespectful garbage.  Talk about how to enjoy your RV or something.

:)) :)) :))

HappyWanderer

• ---
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »

Well played.
I don't have gray hair. I have wisdom highlights.

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »
Next it will be Basketball and maybe both guys in hockey. It needs to stop or don't televise the anthem and bring attention to it.
Actually there are over 30 black players in the NHL.

It's not forced patriotism. It's the rest of America exercising their first amendment rights to show their disgust over what they perceive as a lack of respect for the flag and what it represents. Everyone gets to use their freedom of speech, not just one side.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

Paul & Ann

• ---
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
Actually there are over 30 black players in the NHL.
 It's not forced patriotism. It's the rest of America exercising their first amendment rights to show their disgust over what they perceive as a lack of respect for the flag and what it represents. Everyone gets to use their freedom of speech, not just one side.

My reference to forced patriotism is in reference to those who believe that everyone should be forced to stand for the national anthem.
Paul & Ann  Iowa

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 06:50:10 PM »
     This protest was going nowhere, the individual who started taking a knee was a free agent with no takers, and only a very few followers not standing.  For what ever his reasons, your President chose to whip the flames in Alabama where there is not even an NFL team, and worse, he chose to disparage players mothers.
     So, from an outsider looking in, I'd say this isn't about dishonouring your Country or Flag.  It is an attempt to divert attention about things not going as well as he might like.
     Don't get all bent out of shape over this, there will be something else come along tomorrow.   As for the NHL, Americans make up less than 5% of active players, the majority of the non whites are from Canada, and almost no professional hockey players come from the "hood" as do a good number of football or basketball players.  So, it is totally a different group of socioeconomic factors.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

donn

• ---
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »
BOYCOT ALL THESE ELISTIST IDIOTS.  A boycot shutting down the nfl and the nba would let them know what qe think of their protest.

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »
Are we finished with this topic yet?  Has it backslid into personal beliefs enough yet?  Has it created enough discord yet?  Does it have anything at all to do with RVing yet.  Even the Shade Tree has its limits.

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »
Are we finished with this topic yet?  Has it backslid into personal beliefs enough yet?  Has it created enough discord yet?  Does it have anything at all to do with RVing yet.  Even the Shade Tree has its limits.

Agreed.
John & Susan
2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J
2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Toad, a little modified
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »
.   As for the NHL, Americans make up less than 5% of active players
Ed
Really only 5%?  So your saying there is only about 45 Americans playing in the NHL? I don't even have to look this up to know your numbers are way off.
Gene

2011 Honda Fit

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »
   Here is what google found, it shows a total of 50:  http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationality/active-american-nhl-players-career-stats.html

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

Charlie 5320

• ---
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 07:42:37 PM »
BOYCOT ALL THESE ELISTIST IDIOTS.  A boycot shutting down the nfl and the nba would let them know what qe think of their protest.
:)) :)) :)) NFL or any of the players will ever get one red cent from me ever again. They are not protesting the President, they are showing disrespect for this Country and its flag.
2003 National Dolphin 5320
496  8.1  Workhorse

98 Damon Daybreak 3130
GM Vortech 454  4L80E
SOLD

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »
   Here is what google found, it shows a total of 50:  http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationality/active-american-nhl-players-career-stats.html

Ed
Thanks for that. If you read further than page ONE all the way to the end of page SIX you would see there are 267 players!
Gene

2011 Honda Fit

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Let the sun shine on the Shade Tree and illuminate, once again, the gigantic political divide in the USA.  Like the 60's it looks like it's headed for BITS (Blood In The Streets), again.  I hoped we'd all learn something from Ken Burns' series on Vietnam but I guess not.
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 09:03:13 PM »
I hope the sun shines on the Shade Tree to illuminate our shared interest in RVing and its related adventures.  There are plenty of places on the internet to spew vitriol in whatever direction and for whatever cause one might want to advance.  Political and religious viewpoints belong on venues created for that reason.  They only result in discord here.  If we are to remain the friendliest of RV Forums, we need to rein this stuff in a bit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:07:06 PM by Tom and Margi »

Pugapooh

• ---
  • Wanna buy a truck?
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 09:08:35 PM »
I thank my God that people fought and died so that I can sit,stand or pick my nose during the NA.  I may not agree with your opinion but I'm willing to support your right to speak it or peacefully demonstrate it.  It is up to the employer how to handle employees while on the clock or wearing the uniform.  What people do on their own time should not be the employers business.
2006 Dutchmen Denali 29 RL fiver
2006 Dodge 2500 Big Horn
2001 GMC Sierra 3500
1996 Dodge Ram 1500

Roy M

• ---
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 09:53:21 PM »
     This protest was going nowhere, the individual who started taking a knee was a free agent with no takers, and only a very few followers not standing.  For what ever his reasons, your President chose to whip the flames in Alabama where there is not even an NFL team, and worse, he chose to disparage players mothers.
     So, from an outsider looking in, I'd say this isn't about dishonouring your Country or Flag.  It is an attempt to divert attention about things not going as well as he might like.
     Don't get all bent out of shape over this, there will be something else come along tomorrow.   As for the NHL, Americans make up less than 5% of active players, the majority of the non whites are from Canada, and almost no professional hockey players come from the "hood" as do a good number of football or basketball players.  So, it is totally a different group of socioeconomic factors.

Ed

X2

OBX

• ---
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 10:09:52 PM »
The OP (me) never insulted anyone and I don't see where any of the other posts were insulting.

Those posting about "let's get back to RV...", that is the same exact sentiment many of us feel about NFL protests "let's just get back to football."

In the spirit of extending good will I will make this about RVing.  I like to fly two flags when I'm RVing.  I fly the American flag and a New England Patriots flag.  My Patriots flag will stay stowed on my next camping trip.

Hosted by Over The Network