NFL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott 3

I am a veteran and proud American.  I am beyond disgusted and dismayed by the NFL and the player protests on foreign soil, on national television and most importantly, before our flag during the playing of the national anthem.  The protests are an insult to everyone who has ever worn a U.S. military uniform and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  It insults the families of the heroes we have lost.  The protests insult the police and all first responders who race into action when the call comes.  The protests are a disgrace to the United States of America.

Patriot and Proud American
Scott

OBX said:
I am a veteran and proud American.  I am beyond disgusted and dismayed by the NFL and the player protests on foreign soil, on national television and most importantly, before our flag during the playing of the national anthem.  The protests are an insult to everyone who has ever worn a U.S. military uniform and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  It insults the families of the heroes we have lost.  The protests insult the police and all first responders who race into action when the call comes.  The protests are a disgrace to the United States of America.

Patriot and Proud American
Scott

X2. Well said. Yes they have the right to protest but IMHO as a veteran,  not use the American Flag  as their base.  If they don't like what's going on here, move to another country.  They've even got 8 year old kids doing it now. As if they understand. I blame the coaches and the parents for that.

What insults me is the idiots who are protesting the NFL players for protesting. I am will to bet all these patriots never put down their beer and stand for the National Anthem when it comes over their TV. But they complain that the people on TV aren't standing. I have watched lots of sporting events in bars and other people's homes and I have never seen anyone stand except inside a ball park or at school. They are pure hypocrites.

I also served my time defending our Flag, and National Anthem. I feel part of what I was protecting is the peoples right to free speech, and the ability to peacefully protest whatever they want. I also feel there is the right time and place to do so. I also am beyond disgusted about the protests. There is no excuse to not honor our Flag and National Anthem.

SeilerBird said:
What insults me is the idiots who are protesting the NFL players for protesting. I am will to bet all these patriots never put down their beer and stand for the National Anthem when it comes over their TV. But they complain that the people on TV aren't standing. I have watched lots of sporting events in bars and other people's homes and I have never seen anyone stand except inside a ball park or at school. They are pure hypocrites.
:)) :))

I always stand for the National Anthem, but when people start telling my that I have to do so, I am going to sit down.

A little bit of history.
The NFL decided back in 2009 that all players should come out to the field and stand for the Anthem to give a display of patriotism.
Now, the NFL owners are starting to tell players that they can be fired for not doing so.

That is a violation of all the Flag, and the Constitution stand for.

What the players are doing is not about the flag.

That is all I have to say. I promise.

I agree the protests are not about the Flag. But there's no need to disrespect the Flag or the National Anthem during your protests. There are other peaceful ways to protest.

Overpaid left wing cry babies that found a way to make a scene. I don't fully agree with Seilerbird as I sat in my car last evening waiting for the Washington game to start and a little girl came on to sing the National Anthem and I took off my hat during it as the boos were coming from the stands. I too believe they have every right but choosing the NA is pure disrespect in my mind.

It's not forced Patriotism or tyrranny.  They are entertainment employees who are "on the clock".  I cannot protest on my employer's time and inflict embarrassment upon my employer.  Just exercising my rights.  If there isn't significant change to pregame ceremonies my Sunday afternoons and Monday nights are going to get freed up.

OBX said:
I cannot protest on my employer's time and inflict embarrassment upon my employer. 

Actually, you can, however, you may be disciplined for it, just as the NFL players are subject to discipline by their employers.

NASCAR has made their view on this pretty clear: protest on company time and you're history.

I have no issue with protesting and believe it to be both a right, and healthy for a society.  My issue is with the venue.
There is one reason they get any attention, because they're paid to play a game.  They're paid from the receipts of the tickets we all buy.  They're paid from the revenue from TV deals, because we all watch.  In essence they're using a pestle we built to protest something that we (all) don't agree with.
Second, when entire teams, coaches, owners and the NFL participate in the protest it moves from an individual (player) making an unpatriotic gesture, to an organization taking that same stance.  When I wear the logo of that organization, I am (by financing the organization) perpetuating that stance.  They make fans complicit.
They may believe that the First Amendment entitles them to protest, anything, anywhere, anytime and in any way they see fit no mater how disgraceful.  But, Jack Nickelson summed up my feelings quite well:

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!"  - Col. Nathan R. Jessup

HappyWanderer said:
NASCAR has made their view on this pretty clear: protest on company time and you're history.

What is NASCAR going to do when all the black drivers take a knee during the national anthem?  Oh wait... never mind.

Next it will be Basketball and maybe both guys in hockey. It needs to stop or don't televise the anthem and bring attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom