reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slemons52

Hi Folks,

My husband and I are new to the whole RV living thing, and are looking to buy a 5th wheel and live in it full time in AZ for awhile then over to eastern TX for awhile, we also have children so bunks with slides are a must, as well as we will be buying a used one. Was just looking for some input and reviews from experienced RVer's on make and models that would be best for the heat and or cold. Thanks All

You can do as we did, and search for units that are "4 season" type.  The unit we are purchasing (Open Range Roamer RF371MBH) has the "Extreme Arctic" package, so it is well insulated (and the compartments are heated when needed).  Our reasoning is that it should help keep the cold in during the summer as well. 

You have it backwards. You should search locally for an RV that you like and then ask us our opinion on that model. Shopping for an RV is hard enough without making it much harder by narrowing it down to just one or two models. Finding what you want that is close to you, prices right, in good shape and has the right floor plan is very difficult. It usually takes me three to six months to find my next RV. No RV does well in cold or heat. Insulation is very heavy and weight is the number one enemy of RVs. If they insulated them properly then they would get about two miles per gallon.

You may not finds phrases like "4 seasons" or "arctic package" on mid and upper tier RVs. Those terms are typically applied to lower priced rigs that have enhanced insulation, dual pane glass, etc. as optional equipment, or which compete with models that have those options. The better (read: more expensive) brands have it all as standard and often don't make a big advertising deal of it.

SeilerBird said:
You have it backwards. You should search locally for an RV that you like and then ask us our opinion on that model. Shopping for an RV is hard enough without making it much harder by narrowing it down to just one or two models. Finding what you want that is close to you, prices right, in good shape and has the right floor plan is very difficult. It usually takes me three to six months to find my next RV. No RV does well in cold or heat. Insulation is very heavy and weight is the number one enemy of RVs. If they insulated them properly then they would get about two miles per gallon.

Hi, we are looking to travel across country and liked the looks of the Winnebago View.  We would purchase one used. I have heard they are noisy. Any one have one out there and would they recommend them. Thanks

william1956 said:
  Hi, we are looking to travel across country and liked the looks of the Winnebago View.  We would purchase one used. I have heard they are noisy. Any one have one out there and would they recommend them. Thanks
You should start a thread to ask this questions, you will get a lot more replies.

Back
Top Bottom