water heater moving? not attached???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

winterizing our RV today... and when turning the by pass on, discovered this... isn't the hot water tank supposed to be ON this board and the board attached somehow. Looks like it has moved off of the board... think our RV was made on a Friday afternoon, just a bunch of little things wrong.. love the RV.. just frustrated when we find things like this...

Any ideas? Going to talk to dealer tomorrow, as we are taking RV in for our new awning arm, that was bent and is being replaced. And had to order our new slide out window... should be on the road again soon!

thanks, thoughts on how to remedy this????

Attachments

• water heater.jpg
    water heater.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 70
tanglemoose said:
winterizing our RV today... and when turning the by pass on, discovered this... isn't the hot water tank supposed to be ON this board and the board attached somehow. Looks like it has moved off of the board... think our RV was made on a Friday afternoon, just a bunch of little things wrong.. love the RV.. just frustrated when we find things like this...

Any ideas? Going to talk to dealer tomorrow, as we are taking RV in for our new awning arm, that was bent and is being replaced. And had to order our new slide out window... should be on the road again soon!

thanks, thoughts on how to remedy this????

The heater cannot move off the board. It is fastened to the RV on the outside with a bunch of screws on the outside flange. I don't know what those boards are for. It does look like they may have slid to one side. I would have thought that any boards at all would have been under the heater to hold some of the weight. Those boards appear to be there to keep the heater in place from side to side.  It also appears that there are holes in them so that they can be anchored to the floor. The factory may have left out the long screws.

As Rene says, the heater is screwed to the RV sidewall, so it isn't going anywhere. It does, however, look as though that wood frame was intended to support the weight of at the back of the heater, perhaps to reduce stress on the side wall mount. The wood brace may have moved or simply was never set in place properly to begin with. RV build quality is notorious for goofs like that.

I am in the middle of a repair on an ATWOOD six gallon.. Will order parts next payday *(tomorrow)

THe tank is held to the mounting plate with a pair of press on rings.  It is possible it can move a bit if they are not pressed tight.. It is also not a big deal if it does.. PROVIDED the key word is "A little"  if it moves A LOT. Yo may need new rings.  But I would be very very very surprised if that happened

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom