Latest Valid leveling system quirk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
I have spent the last few days at Alliance Coach dealer here in Florida. My leveling system has a quirk that it has actually had since I took delivery. When trying to use the "auto" function on the hydraulic HWH jacks, the front jacks will not stay pressurized.

One of the front solenoids was replaced yesterday, and now the system will stay pressurized if it is manual leveled, but the front jacks repeatedly drop and will not maintain the height as the controller is trying to set when using the auto mode.

The tech has called Valid, who directed them to call HWH, which they have done a few times already. They however play "phone tag" a few times before actually making contact and talking to a tech. The last contact instructed the tech to run a series of tests, which he did to no avail. So here I sit, waiting.

The controller works fine if using air leveling or manual hydraulic. If I don't hear something soon, I will pull out and handle it in Red Bay later this year. Usually HWH stuff is pretty reliable, but this is a head scratcher.

Is this a new leveler technology based on your IFS? Or is the system off the shelf , so to speak. I was just wondering.

I asked the techs here, and it is not a new system, or even a Tiffin system. It is used on many high end coach's like Monaco and Country Coach.  The tech has a lot of experience working with the system, but has never seen this type of fault before, and it appears neither has Valid or HWH.

That is a very simple system. The servos are bang bang controls. The only possibility I can see is if the controller is holding/applying some level of voltage on the servo in automatic mode. That would almost certainly be a control board failure. A remote possibility is the level sensor; you might have them check the connections there or perhaps adjust/calibrate it.

Ernie

Ernie

That's what the tech thought too Ernie. But he checked the solenoid voltage both open and closed and the reading were appropriate. He spent a lot of time on the phone with HWH that eventually ran out of things to try.  I too have the suspicion that it is somehow related to a missing or faulty signal on a control board.

But for now we can manually level on jacks, and I will save the mystery until we get to Tiffin in a about a month.

Hi Sarge:
I had the same problem with my Mobile Suite the front jacks would retract. I looked in the manual to find which color wires went to the solenoids controlling the front jacks. I then took my 4 inch blade screwdriver and gave it a wrap with the plastic handle and it held for next 3 months . On the way north each night I stopped  I did the same thing and finally changed  it six months later . It would appear to me the spring isn't quite strong enough to properly seat the plunger.
Gilbert.

That's what I thought too Gilbert. But the tech changed out the solenoid that controls the front right jack. And when used manually the jacks hold great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom