1993 Fleetwood Bounder Water Line shutoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majicchuck

My water pump is leaking from the filter assembly. I can't seem to locate the water shutoff valve. I've checked under the kitchen sink, bathroom, under cabinets on opposite side of water pump. I turned off the valve at the water pump but water still comes out. When I turn the pump on it cycles on and off (but provides water).

Chuck

majicchuck said:
My water pump is leaking from the filter assembly. I can't seem to locate the water shutoff valve. I've checked under the kitchen sink, bathroom, under cabinets on opposite side of water pump. I turned off the valve at the water pump but water still comes out. When I turn the pump on it cycles on and off (but provides water).

Chuck

I think you're trying to find a valve between the pump and the fresh water tank. There may not be one. Every RV I've owned does not have a valve. You may have to drain the tank then remove the pump.

I have a 1992 Bounder. I can isolate the water tank from the pump via the valve you turn to winterize unit. Factory setup. Is yours set up this way?

You don't have a general shutoff, nor is one needed. Just disconnect from city water (hose) and turn off the pump. That eliminates any water supply source. Then open a faucet to let the pressure in the lines bleed off. Once water stops flowing from the faucet, you can work on the filter or whatever else is leaking.

There is no advantage to closing a valve between tank and pump. It's not a gravity flow system, nor is the tank pressurized. Once the pump is switched off, no water flows from tank to pump.

Rene T said:
I think you're trying to find a valve between the pump and the fresh water tank. There may not be one. Every RV I've owned does not have a valve. You may have to drain the tank then remove the pump.

Thanks Renee. Plan on doing that today.

Chuck

Few RVs have the tank above the pump, so draining it should not be necessary in most cases.

What filter is leaking? The strainer that some RVs have at the inlet to the pump? Or some other filter on the outlet (pressurized) side?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Few RVs have the tank above the pump, so draining it should not be necessary in most cases

My 1992 Bounder has the tank higher than pump. Betting his 1993 is same.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Few RVs have the tank above the pump, so draining it should not be necessary in most cases.

I agree bun there quite a few I believe older MH's that the tank is mounted under the bed on the floor and the pump is also mounted to the floor.

Gary RV_Wizard said:

What filter is leaking? The strainer that some RVs have at the inlet to the pump? Or some other filter on the outlet (pressurized) side?

My tank is mounted above water pump. The leak is coming from the strainer that connects to the pump.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
You don't have a general shutoff, nor is one needed. Just disconnect from city water (hose) and turn off the pump. That eliminates any water supply source. Then open a faucet to let the pressure in the lines bleed off. Once water stops flowing from the faucet, you can work on the filter or whatever else is leaking.

There is no advantage to closing a valve between tank and pump. It's not a gravity flow system, nor is the tank pressurized. Once the pump is switched off, no water flows from tank to pump.

Thanks Gary.  :))

Back
Top Bottom