Coleman 7333 AC Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been using my ac on a regular basis but usually when the generator was running, so what I'm about to describe might have been going on unnoticed. Today I plugged into shore power and as soon as I did I heard a motor start running.

I went in the coach thinking I forgot to shut off my ac unit when I shut down the generator after the last time I used it, but the switch was off.

Something is running up top but no air is coming out the blower, has anybody experienced this before?

I do appreciate any advice you might have or can steer me in the right direction to find the problem.

Thanks,

Maybe a sticking compressor or condenser fan contactor or relay.

Plug in the shore power, then with the AC controls in the off position go up on your roof top and see if the condenser fan is running. You should be able to feel the fan moving air ( if the condenser fan is running when it should not )

If no air movement is felt, take the cover off your AC put your hand on the compressor. See if you feel the compressor motor running.

You have only 3 motors in an AC unit. Condenser fan moves air across the outside coils, Evaporator fan blows cool refreshing air into your living space, and the compressor motor keeps the freon moving about.

A problem defined is a problem half resolved!

In an RV roof a/c, if the condensor fan is running, the inside air circulation fan is also running. Two sets of fan blades on one motor shaft, so both always run together. I don't know of any RV roof a/c that has multiple fan motors (but I've been surprised before!). The compressor, of course, is its own motor and runs independently of the fan, under contropl of the a/c circuit board.

Not always.  Some have the condenser fan mounted on the same shaft as the compressor.  That way, if the compressor is running, it is still getting cooling air across the condenser.

Natetheskate said:
Not always.  Some have the condenser fan mounted on the same shaft as the compressor.  That way, if the compressor is running, it is still getting cooling air across the condenser.
That is NOT possible. Compressors are sealed units. It is possible to have separate fan motors but not likely.

Back
Top Bottom