Starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roy M

It has been a rough week, Karen my co-pilot and best friend passed away from cancer last Tuesday morning. The trailer is put away for the season, I honestly don't know if I will be able to carry on with it alone next year. Right now my heart is not in it but I know I have to keep going, my time will come soon enough. I am not looking for prayers, I am not at all a religious person, just need a place to unload and seek companionship.
I am comforted by the memories. One of our favorite episodes was a trip into Shelter Cove CA on what we came to call OH S**T Hill. Anyone that has traveled that road will know what I mean. It led to one of the most beautiful camp grounds we had ever seen but there was a little tension at that point in life. Another time we locked the keys in the truck with her purse caught in the door. (Don't ask) She was reluctant to get into rv'ing, all she could see was the work involved, but once we made a couple of trips she was hooked. Heck, she even enjoyed driving. I still have Millie the travelin dawg to ride shotgun  but she is not much for conversation.

Roy, our sincerest condolences on your loss.

My condolences on your loss Roy.

Last year we had the pleasure of meeting and making friends with a fairly recent widower who traveled many years with his wife. We visited him recently and he has picked up the pieces and is once again traveling, all the while regaling stories of his travels together with her. I hope you find a path, whatever it may be, that gives you similar peace and healing.

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine the empty spot in your life.

I hope next season you get your trailer back on the road.  Life's too short  --  which you already know. 

I wasn't sure about traveling alone since I'm an older woman (would that be "mature woman" ??) but wound up meeting another traveler at a rally.  She and I have similar outdoor interests and aren't anxious to get on the road at the break of day which makes things work, especially having separate RVs.  She lost her husband 2 years ago.  Before he died, he told her to sell the class A and get a smaller C but to keep on keeping on.  She said it was hard at first, but now has gone hither and yon and loves it.

Hang in there.

My condolences Roy.  I too have had a tough summer as I lost my wife at the end of May. We have had a MH of some kind for 32 years, but I have to admit she was the camper of the family. I have went back and forth a dozen times about selling the coach. I really don't know what to do to be honest, but have decided to keep it for a year. A couple that we used to camp with many years ago seen my post on facebook  and called to invite me camping with them next week. Think I'm going to go, since my dogs don't carry on a conversation very well. What has helped me is, I got all our old videos and transferred them to my PC. I go and look at them and remember all the great times we had together, it keeps me going. Take care Roy.

I know you said you're not looking for prayers, but I'm sending some anyway, along with my condolences.
I have not lost a wife and couldn't imagine what you and other's have and are going through with the loss of a spouse.
I think if you enjoy RV'ing, you should keep going with it, but that's your decision, not mine.

While we've never met, I'm sending a big cyber hug to you for comport.  Then I'm gonna  go hug my hubby with gratefulness that we can still enjoy this life style.

My condolences to both Roy and Charlie. Roy, they say not to make any major decisions for a year and this may be one of them. You've just been through a painful, sorrowful, and exhausting time. Give yourself some time. My thoughts are with you.

Roy, Though not requested nor expected... our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is a journey that we must all take....but that knowledge does little to ease the pain. In much of life...the hardest step is the first step, continue on your journey of life.

Condolences, Roy.  This is a great place to share the pain.  We will help you carry it.  That is part of the grieving and recovery process.  Please share as often and as much as you need to.

As you will note in my name, I will be praying for you, too.

Roy, sometimes life just doesn't deal the cards we expect or want - and then what?  We pick up the pieces and keep going.  Maybe not immediately because it takes time, but eventually.  I can't imagine your sense of loss right now but you should know that we are all out here thinking of you and hoping that the pain subsides with time.  I'll send more cyber hugs and hope they help comfort you.

ArdraF

Roy

I am sending lots of warm comforting white light to wrap around you.  It can not take your pain away, only time can, I hope it might give you some comfort.

Jennifer

Roy M said:
Right now my heart is not in it but I know I have to keep going, my time will come soon enough. I am not looking for prayers, I am not at all a religious person, just need a place to unload and seek companionship.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Roy.  I hope our RV Forum companionship can help you get through this because we'll all be where you are someday.  Blessings to you.

Very sad Roy. Sending virtual hugs. May your happy memories keep Karen's spirit alive in your heart.

Back
Top Bottom