Freightliner throttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mile High

Does anyone know if the pedal (I want to call it a gas pedal but it's diesel) is adjustable for pitch, or if a block can be installed toward the toe?  It is hinged at the bottom and mine is just at enough of a pitch down when driving my ankle gets tired of holding it there and I end up using cruise control for relief. 

Mile High said:
Does anyone know if the pedal (I want to call it a gas pedal but it's diesel) is adjustable for pitch, or if a block can be installed toward the toe?  It is hinged at the bottom and mine is just at enough of a pitch down when driving my ankle gets tired of holding it there and I end up using cruise control for relief.

I'm sure something could be fabricated very easily. What's wrong with cruise control. I use mine all the time. Keeps me out of trouble.  ;D
You could always get a pair of these and cut the back half off.  :eek: ::)

https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Work-Mens-Balder-Black/dp/B000UD2X3O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506526494&sr=8-3&keywords=clogs+for+men

The shoe idea might work, or a block.  Am I the only that notices this after a while?  Maybe I'm too low to the floor because of my short legs.

Cruise is wonderful, but of all the scenarios below from our last trip, I would only use it in "c".  The rest of the time I'm jammin that throttle and it gets tiring after a while.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 42
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 41
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 31
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 34
Unless I can't do 40 mph, I am always in cruise control.  I may have to touch a brake for a curve or traffic but as soon as I can I am back in cruise.  I have been doing this in both the car and MH for as long as I have had a vehicle with cruise.  I do use the coast and increase controls as I deem necessary but that is easier than having the foot on the pedal all the time.

On the other hand I have been known to drive all day using only my foot but that has not happened in the last 20 or 30 years.  :)

For years now I have used cruise control constantly on everything I drive. Way back in the old days, Harleys had a screw under the throttle to for "maintenance and service". That was somewhat of a cruise, but didn't vary. The last dresser I bought had a true cruise control on it. I was talking to a friend of mine in Virginia about it, and said I didn't know if I would like a true cruise control on a bike. He said try it and see. I used it constantly too. Running with the cruise on, it's one less thing to have to think about when driving. I've been known to get a heavy foot, so cruise keeps me from getting speeding tickets.

On cars that we had when first married with no cruise control, I added it - there were lots of kits available. My new-to-me Deere 4720 cab tractor even has electronic cruise control! This is a really handy feature when spraying since you need to apply at a certain nozzle gpm and at a specific speed.

Sorry, none of these anecdotal stories have nothing to do with solving the OP's problem  :p

But, maybe I can learn to rely on the cruise control more.  It is a nice simple one to operate and very responsive.  Not like my F350 pulling a 5er up hill and just when you think your are about to the top the cruise shuts off, truck slow, trailer slams and we all get whiplash, not to mention the guy behind that had to hit the ditch :)  It seemed any drop over 5 or so mph and it just would let it go.  This one does not let go.

In the meantime over winter, maybe I can see if it will adjust on the floor.

For what it's worth, I think your judgement as to using cruise control is spot on.

In those three photos I wouldn't use cruise in a passenger car, forget about a motorhome.

We foot feed in traffic and usually run 5 MPH slower than traffic, makes it much less stressful. Our 2017 Ford Fusion Platinum hybrid has adaptive speed control that will actually bring the car to a full stop. It also reads the lane stripes and will alert when you drift out of lane and even steer you back  ;D .

I look forward to Anatomical cars - let Google decide :)  No two people have a consistent driving style so they can't make enough lanes on a highway to keep traffic flowing.  Just think of the real estate and concrete and taxes we could save if we just let computer drive the cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom