Quartsite RV Show purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy Lou

I am considering going to 2018 Quartzite RV show.  Can anyone tell me if this would be a good place to purchase a used class A.  We currently have a 25' C class and would like to move up to an A 36' or so.  I'm looking locally as well but wondering if there'd be a benefit to just waiting for the show?

I didn't think they sold used RVs at RV shows, but I could be wrong. If I were you I would go to PPL in Houston.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/class-a?sortBy=price+desc&

There really is no "RV show" in Quartzsite.  There are just some dealers who bring out RVs to sell in Quartzsite, and most of them are used units.  Many of them look like they have come from auctions, and arrive "as is", and are only fixed after the sale is made.  It seems to me that too many people believe because it is Quartzsite, there will be bargains, but that is not my observation.

La Mesa RV from California has a big seasonal selection at Quartzsite. I haven't ever looked to see how many are new vs. used though they did have some shiny good looking ones right on the corner last year. There is also a dealer that is associated with the show proper, but I have no idea what they have. There are also quite a few RVs sitting around town or on consignment lots with For Sale signs on them. In other words, totally pot luck what you find.

We would like to look at new Class A units so we can find what we want to buy in 3-5 years <grin>. We just hit up dealers in whatever area we are in.

Thanks for the feedback.  While on our last trip we stopped by a dealership before heading home.  Looked at and test drove a 2006 Allegro with 60k miles.  Well cared for with many upgrades done by the owner who was at the lot trading for a smaller A class, so we were able to talk with him about the condition and reason for letting it go.  Well, that was a little over a week ago and we haven't been able to get it off our minds.  So, I called them today and they still have it.  They had negotiated with them last week and felt it was fair, but did not want to rush into anything.  Looked at NADA pricing and found that this one is about $3500 over high.  But it has custom blinds and new custom driver and passenger seats. It felt like a dream to drive after our C class with dingy.
Anyway, wanting to go for it but a little scared to pull the trigger.

If everything looks good and works (I'd get an inspection for water damage, other things you don't know about, etc.), I'd say do it, given that it appears to be one you'd love.

I agree with Larry. If it is a floor plan you love, everything works and is in great shape it would be worth paying a bit extra to save you the time you would spend looking for a better one. Nada is not absolute rule, it is more of a guideline (Pirates of the Caribbean) .

We've been several times and always look at RV's.  Used RV's are sold but generally by independents.  Most of the major dealers are selling the new ones.  It's hit and miss.  We've seen some nice used motorhomes and some that aren't so nice.  Like anything else, pricing pretty much dependent on how hungry the dealer is.  Certainly worth a look especially since you're in Orange County.  And if you haven't been to Quartzsite, then that's worthwhile as well. 

A bird in hand is worth 10 in the bush.  If you both really like the layout and both think it's a good deal you better go for it.

It's hard to find something both of you like and is available. 

I'm with the "if you find it, buy it" group. You'll forget the price in weeks, but if you buy a compromise it will haunt you as long as you have it.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom