How to protect air horns while covering RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CP

Hi all,
Just wondering how folks with a motorhome that has air horns protects them when using a RV cover?
Won't be long to do that task. First time covering our motorhome which has air horns.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
Chuck

Ya, at least here in the Denver those covers cause more issues than help (wind constantly rubbing, UV, etc) but you may very will live in a good spot for one.  I know a lot of people do, especially in the south. 

If it were I, I would use some semi rigid packing foam that you can cut out and build up a house around the horns so the cover never comes in contact with the horns and is supported by a mound of packing material.  Some of that stuff that is like styrofoam, only more flexible.

You could simply put a cardboard box over them and tape it to the roof.

You asked for suggestions so here goes.

I suggest you don't cover it. I used a cover on a travel trailer three times and it created more problems than it solved.

If you do cover it be extremely careful up on the roof and do not try to put it on when the wind is blowing nor remove it when the wind is blowing.

You might want to worry about mold inside the RV when it's covered.  Mold is hard to get rid of.

Same way I keep the antenna from tearing my cover, just wrap a towel around it.  I cover my rv in Northeast Ohio, too much snow and freezing to damage roof.

We live in big snow country so I have been covering (old rig) with no issues. New MH has air horns which might present a problem going forward. Thanks all for your input.

Back
Top Bottom