rv transport companies in north carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerryd

Hello!
I've been towing my 21ft travel trailer with my 4runner for short trips these last few months. We're about to make a longer trip and stay in one place for 3-6 moths. Does anyone know of a good towing service in North Carolina that doesn't cost a fortune. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Everything dealing with RVs cost a fortune. I bought a fifth wheel a few months ago and found an RV transport on Craigslist. Only a mere $250 to be towed 50 miles. :eek:

Typically there will be a flat fee to come and hook up, plus so much per mile. Somewhere around $2/mile is fairly common, but rates vary by area and details differ, e.g. insurance, deadhead fee, etc.  Get some quotes and see what you think. Here are a couple places to get started:
http://www.rvdelivery.com/location.html
http://www.rvmovers.net/cityandstate/north_carolina_rv_movers.html

If the delivery distance is within a days drive, there may be a local service that could handle it at a more moderate flat rate. These are usually guys with chauffeur licenses using their own trucks on a part time basis. You may be responsible for insurance on the RV.  Check the local Craigslist or call some RV dealers to see if they have some contacts.

SeilerBird said:
Everything dealing with RVs cost a fortune. I bought a fifth wheel a few months ago and found an RV transport on Craigslist. Only a mere $250 to be towed 50 miles. :eek:

That's cheaper than a guy that was advertising around here. He had a $350 "hitch" fee, then charged something like $2.00/mile.

kdbgoat said:
That's cheaper than a guy that was advertising around here. He had a $350 "hitch" fee, then charged something like $2.00/mile.
I had a 39 foot DP towed from Padre Island to Corpus Christi, a total of $25 miles and was charged $1000. Unfortunately at the point of breakdown you can't do comparison shopping.

SeilerBird said:

I wish you had called me Tom. I would have done for 1/2 that price.

Rene T said:
I wish you had called me Tom. I would have done for 1/2 that price.
I was in contact with you and you volunteered to do it for free but I did not want to take advantage of your generosity since it was in the other direction from where you are. That would have been an all day event for you and the guy I hired was local. But thanks for the generous offer. ;D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom