WF 5110 HP Inverter in 5th Wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garebones

I have a WF 5110 HP inverter in my 2017 Heritage Glen 5er for my fridge.  It worked great last winter, stored over summer, put 2 new batteries in configured exactly as they were last year, and the screen shows a picture of a battery with the word "low".  Yellow light is on when connected to shore power and green light is on when not.  Fan runs.  Is all of this normal, or am I supposed to have something other than "low" showing up?  Obviously, I am clueless about how all of this works.

Are you positive that the batteries are connected correctly.

It is not unusual for "New" batteries to be low when you install them.  They may have been on the shelf for some time.
What is the situation after you have plugged into shore power and given the converter / charger time to bring them up to full charge?

Welcome to the Forum

After a few hours of being hooked up to shore power, still saying "low".  The dealer who did some repairs for me connected the batteries, so I assume they are correct.  I disconnected batteries and hooked each up to a trickle charger to see what happens.  Whoever wired this 5er wasn't trying to be neat and tidy since wiring is all over the place, so hard to follow any wires.  Also, batteries are in two different storage bays, so trying to follow wires through the sidewall is ridiculous. 

garebones said:
After a few hours of being hooked up to shore power, still saying "low".  The dealer who did some repairs for me connected the batteries, so I assume they are correct.  I disconnected batteries and hooked each up to a trickle charger to see what happens.  Whoever wired this 5er wasn't trying to be neat and tidy since wiring is all over the place, so hard to follow any wires.  Also, batteries are in two different storage bays, so trying to follow wires through the sidewall is ridiculous.

Oh ok, I just mentioned batteries because it's always good to back track to the last time something worked or back to what happened during the time that the problem started.  I'm assuming you are working with two 12 volt batteries? If so, they cant be reversed or sparks would be flying. Six volts can be reversed and cancel each other out but you wouldn't have power to anything. Are lights, pump and other things working?

HueyPilotVN said:
Good point.  Two 6 volt batteries in parallel would be a low battery condition

6's would be in series so they just cancel each other.  Anything in parallel with one reversed would be just like hooking up jumper cables backwards.  It's sort of common to see 6's reversed on  36 or 48 volt golf carts and stuff like that. Chargers usually wont turn on because they often need to see a voltage much closer to their operating range. If op has 12's they cant have one reversed or it seems the sparks would be flying or melting stuff but you never know until the puzzle is solved.  I've seen mechanics install disc brake pads with the metal to the rotor more than one time.  :)

Two 6 volt batteries mistakenly wired in parallel would give 6 volts without any sparks or other excitement.

Lou Schneider said:
Two 6 volt batteries mistakenly wired in parallel would give 6 volts without any sparks or other excitement.

Oh yes yes, my bad,  in parallel but not reversed . No problem just 6 volts. I was explaining about reversed batteries.

A few hours is not long enough to fully charge a pairvof 12V batteries. Give em time!

Ernie
I'd also carefully check all connections (a poor connection will drop the Voltage).

Back
Top Bottom