Lost all t.v. channels in r.v.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimj72

Have lost all t.v. channels in bedroom of r.v. and can't get them back for some reason...2006 raptor fifth wheel toy hauler...been here for over a year with no problems then just out of the blue while watching t.v. all channels lost signal and have tried reprogramming and now lost all channels saved on channel list and will not program any at all except 1 channel of Spanish speaking channel...thats it...how to troubleshoot or fix this please...

Kimj72 said:
Have lost all t.v. channels in bedroom of r.v. and can't get them back for some reason...2006 raptor fifth wheel toy hauler...been here for over a year with no problems then just out of the blue while watching t.v. all channels lost signal and have tried reprogramming and now lost all channels saved on channel list and will not program any at all except 1 channel of Spanish speaking channel...thats it...how to troubleshoot or fix this please...

Over the air channels? Satellite channels? Cable channels? If over the air, make sure the little green light on the amplifier is on. If it isn't press the button and turn it back on. If still not on, look for a blown 12 volt fuse. If no blown fuses, pop the amplifier off the wall and check for 12 volts DC. If no 12 volts DC, you will probably have to do some wire tracing to find the problem. If 12 volts DC, and no green light, bad amplifier.

This is the amplifier I'm talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-RV-7042-White-Plate-Supply/dp/B000GGL4CG

Hmmm... Do you have another TV in the trailer? Is it still working OK? Are you watching over the air or cable or satellite? Is it a flat screen, perhaps HD, TV or is it an older CRT type? Is there a switch unit between your source and that bedroom TV? Have you checked all physical connections?

Sorry for the questions, but you didn't give us much to go on.

Only on the bedroom TV.. Best guess is a cable fault.... Two PRIME suspects and then it gets fun

Suspect 1 (And 2) are the connectors on the ends of the cable.. These are usually el-cheapo crimp on F connectors and a decent sneeze is all it takes for them to fall apart.. THe cable pulls our and what you get is what you got. You have AT LEAST 2 of those (one on each end of the cable) and they are my prime suspects. 

Sometimes you have another pair or two somewhere along the cable.. I'm still looking for one of mine on a different cable I almost never use anyway.

Sounds as though the physical wire(s) that deliver the signal have become disconnected, so that the tv's tuner cannot see any signal. It could be coax or 3-wire component video of HDMI cabling.  The first thing to check is the signal source, which is probably a video switch boc that selects the source for that tv, e.g. antenna, cable, DVD, satellite, etc.  It's possible that the signal to the bedroom tv was accidentally switched off. If not that, maybe a broken wire?

HDMI cabling only carries the baseband audio and video from an external single channel source like an outboard tuner or DVD player to the TV.

If you've lost all channels in the TV's internal tuner, you need to check the coaxial cable.

Do you have another TV in the RV, if so is it working OK?  That would eliminate the outdoor antenna and preamp as a cause.  If not, do you have a long piece of coax you can run from the jack on the front of the preamp to the TV to test the preamp?  Maybe the coax you use to connect to park cable?

I will add one more thing. But when this went ALL TV's ((I have 3)) lost slgnal from OVER THE AIR only, Cable still worked.

There is a connector near or at the base of the antenna, it is either buried in caulking or under a clamshell cover...  If you have not figured out I needed to replace both cable ends and the connector well. then this is not a DIY fix.

Back
Top Bottom