Does this 5th wheel exist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattyRN

We were initially looking at at beautiful 41 foot 5th wheel until I discovered rigs of this length can't get into the majority of state and national park camping sites.  I'm trying to find a 5th wheel with at least this specs-actual length 35 ft or less, LED lights (preferable), full sized bunks in a separate room, master suite, 2 ac's, table and chairs, and the hardest it seems, a washer and dryer (or at least washer) hookups.  If you know of such a 5th wheel, can you please give me the year, make and model?  We have 3 children who will be going with us and the oldest is 5ft 8 so we can't have one of those 60 inch bunks.  Thank you in advance for your help.

There are plenty of them in a toy hauler configuration, in many brands and models. Ours is 35 feet, double bunks in the back room, referred to as a garage. They raise up to the ceiling when not in use, leaving the back bay available to haul motorcycles, four wheelers, etc. Ours has washer/dryer hookups, but on extended trips we just use a laundromat. The couch in the dining room can convert to a bed if needed. I see plenty of 5th wheels way bigger than ours in state and national park campgrounds I?ve been to. But a 41 footer needs a lot of room to back in to a camping site, and that?s usually the biggest problem, not the actual campsite itself.

That's one great advantage to a toy hauler, one can turn the "garage" into anything they want, and often into multiple things if they think outside the box.

Yep.  Toy hauler is your best bet. The down-side of that in <35 ft is that you will not have much living area if there is a master bedroom, normal kitchen and dining and a garage with bunks. Ours (Arctic Fox 32-5m) is a 35 footer and has the W&D hook ups and lots of living area but only a tiny, couch-bed convert. Given the size of your family and needs, I'd consider something longer. 'Luck!

I was actually just exploring toy trailers on RV trader but none of them had w/d hookups.  We plan on fulltiming it so that's a must.  I found one 5th wheel that had a bunk room and w/d set-up but the bunks were a whopping 60" long.  Not going to work with a teenager who is 5'8".  The salesman tried to tell me she could 'curl up'.  Um, no.

http://www.dutchmen.com/voltage/features-options/

i have a voltage and i love it try 3005 has a washer dryer hookup and 2 queen beds in the garage - you just have to order/find the right combo as there are 100s of combos available, mine happened to be loaded which was a plus for me.the 3005 is also 35ft long, but i have never had issues in most national parks etc  and my 3305 is 39ft and i have a crew cab dually as a tow vehicle with a 8ft box- however there are a few exceptions im sure

Welcome to the Forum!

Does it exist?  YES, ABSOLUTELY!!

I recently saw one with master BR and full bath up front, 2 room bunk house in back separated by shared ? bath in between, with W/D hookups in the back.  I'll try to find it again.

One great place to look is PPL.com.  They sell consignment campers in Texas, buy their listings page includes a floor plan with every listing.  They have LOTS of listings, so you can scroll through to find floor plans you like, record make and model, then look closer to home to find one.

I have been looking for a year (not quite time to buy - yet!) and many 35 ft FW have W/D hookups, which is all you really need in the camper.  It is very hard to add hookups, but easy to add washer & dryer with hook ups present.  There are Toy Hauler and "conventional" floor plans with a bunk house.  The big issue with a bunkhouse is it condenses the kitchen and living area into a much smaller space.

The 35 ft FW will be easier to get into parks with, but I would not toss out a 36 or 37 ft that was perfect in every other way!

I looked at the shorter Fuzion and I did notice just that, very small living area but the 40 ft Fuzion was amazing!  I'm also surprised at how well they hold their value. I think it's funny a lot of these campers have a half bath definitely big enough for a washer dryer but instead put in the half bath.  I can survive with one bathroom.  Do you think I can squeek into the 35 ft sites with a 36 or 37 ft RV?  I've heard they don't measure you.  We are looking at buying used and are trying to keep under $30K since I have 3 children in college in addition to the 3 at home.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Patty,

I looked for the camper I mentioned, but it was in your budget, but 40 ft.  A quick scan of PPL came up with the following.

08 GLENDALE TITANIUM      36E41TBR    42 FT  W/D
13 KEYSTONE AVALANCHE    341TG          38 FT
16 HEARTLAND SUNDANCE  CK3300        36 FT  W/D
16 KEYSTONE SPRINTER      293FWBHS  35 FT

The Glendale is the one I remember.

Note that advertised RV lengths do not conform to any standard.  Some measure inside length, others outside, and others just guess.  The only way to really know is to personally measure it.

Campgrounds declaration of "max camper length" is another very fuzzy number.  Many use this to represent the max size for their smallest site, so if you meet that standard, you will fit in any site.  Easier on them.  As already stated, it may also refer to room to maneuver a long rig.  There are many reports here where their 40 ft rig had no problem in a park that advertised 35 ft max.  If you do get to a national park or state park where you can not fit, there will be privately owned campgrounds nearby that can accommodate you.

What do you plan to use for a tow vehicle??  Any of these campers is well past the capabilities of any ? ton pickup, and really needs a 1 ton SD truck or larger to haul the camper and the passengers.

Enjoy the search!

My understanding is that w/d are very small.  With 5 people, you may find it faster to use a laundromat.  Just a thought.

Grashley, thank you!  I went to PPL but must have been doing it wrong because I came up with only one listing.  I had issues with the settings though.  We have a one ton diesel to haul.
Pugapooh, I hate laundromats with a purple passion.  Expensive and time-consuming.  I know the stackables are small but we'll accommodate.  DH is the biggest contributor but once we're on the road I'm sure he won't be going through clothes or getting them as dirty as he does out here on the farm.  Thank. goodness.

Farmer ...... 1 ton diesel .......  You know what you are doing with tow vehicles!  I ask, because some do not!

Happy Shopping!

grashley said:
Farmer ...... 1 ton diesel .......  You know what you are doing with tow vehicles!  I ask, because some do not!

Happy Shopping!

Not all 1 tons are created equal a friend of mine with a 2016 f350 only have a 2600lb payload it was a short box laraime diesel but loaded check the yellow decal even my dually only has 5200lbs and the f450 i almost bought only had 4700lbs

When I am researching campgrounds I like to use google maps or a similar service so I can see how it?s laid out for maneuvering room, and space between the campsites. I don?t know where you are located, but in Kentucky the sites tend to be hilly and a lot closer together, and not much wiggle room for maneuvering. We go to South Dakota a lot, and in general, the further west we go from here, the more room in the campsites. So, the geography of where you are planning to go has some bearing on the size of camper you would consider.

Yes, my husband has plenty of experience hauling all manner of large equipment around, he has also had a CDL for most of his adult life.    He seems to know a thing or two about trucks but I'll have him double check on this one.  We are currently up in Wyoming but the only place we have gone camping here is up in the Big Horns off the beaten path, not anywhere I'd take a camper you care about and up there, all the camp sites and itty bitty but it's too rustic for my taste anyway.  We plan on travelling long and far.  We homeschool our youngest daughter and there is some much hand's on learning I want her and our 4 year old to experience.  The Smoky Mountains, out East, down south, we want to go everywhere except maybe Mexico.  My dad had a horrible case of an itchy travel foot when I was growing up and I want my children and my husband to realize and experience the wonders out there in this country.  I just want to do it safely and as comfortably as possible.  ;-)

One thing to keep in mind for a w/d in a camper is you will probably need a full hookup site to run the washer. I mention that because you said you want to stay at state, National parks. That is the type of places we stay. Tennessee is putting in sewer at some parks,but not many. I was told Florida has ONE state park with sewer at top sail. Many national parks have water spicket?s scattered around the campground not at every site. I thought I wanted w/d hook ups but I don?t like most private campgrounds and state parks have pay washers at the bathhouses that we use.

Good point.  I figured I'd have to give it up at times but I can handle that as long as it's not the majority of the time. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom