Carseats in a 2010 Sunseeker by Forest River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youngmh

My husband and I are traveling next week to Texas. He has rented an RV as a surprise to make it easier to travel with a 1 and 2 year old. However, I'm worried sick about the carseats! I cannot find anywhere that states the seat belt locations!! Its a 2010 Sunseeker by Forest River. Does anyone know?

The front driver and passenger seats have regulation vehicle seat belts. Any other seat that has belts available will almost surely NOT be suitable for use with a car seat. You cannot use car seats on side-facing seating, and most forward or rear facing seats (e.g. dinette) are usually unsuitable as well. They are nothing like the back seats on a car.

Details vary slightly by year and floor plan, but the Sunseeker generally has lap type seat belts for the dinette seat and the sofa. You can view locations for newer Sunseekers by looking at the floor plan diagrams on the FR website. The diagrams show belts lying on the positions that have them. Where the same floor plan is available, the positions will not have changed substantially since 2010. Go to the site below and click 'Floorplans'
http://www.forestriverinc.com/class-c-motorhomes/sunseeker

our class C has belts in the side facing sofa
and in the forward facing side of the dinette has two lap belts
ok for use with booster seats
but
I think the best way to do it is put the dinette into bed mode.  That way the table isn't there are a head knocker
For your younger tikes, I suppose you would still have them in full on 5-point harness seats, either forward or rear facing.
In bed mode, you could use the dinette lap-belts in the forward facing bench just as you would if putting your seats into an older car before the Latch system became standard.
This was before we were in the RV, but when mine were little I bought some ratcheting belt tighteners that made it much easier to crank the lap belts down tight.  Not necessary but made it easier....

Back
Top Bottom