1994 Fleetwood Bounder ignition relay not getting energized.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StanleyGB

Hi, I am new to this forum but, I am very used to my problems with my 1994 bounder.  I got 99 problems and the RV is all of them! :) I am stuck and need some guidance and am hoping that someone else may know this problems solution.
The bottom of the problem is the ignition relay is not getting the low voltage feed to energize the solenoid.
With that said I will fill in all the clues and details. So I changed my batteries and drove it around a bit then parked it and now I get nothing no power. When I put the key in I get no dash power to the gauges, the starter, or the instrument cluster. The battery isolators seem to work and the click when pushed both the main and the coach isolators. The aux start switch works and the generator will crank but won't stay running seems the feed for the fuel pump is missing. I Changed all three batteries, the 12 volt and the two 6 volts coaches. I added an new ground wire, a new battery disconnect, and a 30 amp resettable fuse that seemed flaky. I metered everything and both battery isolators seem good now. what I found was that the low voltage line on the ignition relay was not present and when I added some volts all the systems came back to life. So I checked all my fuses on the intellitec board and checked the ignition feed that comes from the battery disconnect for the 12 volt and yep it is present. But still still nothing.
Does any one know this problem of where the low voltage feed come from? Has any one heard of this problem? Does any one have a schematic of the wiring for this? I am stuck and need to get this rig moving along. Thanks in advance for any replies! Stan

There is a relay in the BCC called the Ignition Relay.  It does not seem to be energizing.  On your '94 the relay may be mounted on the board or it may be in the box along with the isolator and disconnect solenoids.
If you need detailed BCC diagrams and diagnostic procedures just ask.  lou

OOOPs! it just occurred to me that this is the ignition relay that you referred to.  I was thinking you meant the starter relay.  The signal to close the ignition relay enters the board on P-14.  It originates from a fuse in the panel under your lift up dash. 
Also - are you sure you didn't miss reconnecting a small wire on the chassis battery positive?

Thanks Lou for the Reply! Yes a diagram and drag procedures would be great so this is me asking. :)

Also thanks for the tip about the fuse and the wire to the battery. I will check the fuses under the instrument cluster  again. Any idea which fuse it is?

About the little wire to the positive terminal to the battery. I don't have that one.... I have Three large gauge lugs but no small wire. could that be it? on my negative I have the Negative lug wire and 4 small wires... Thanks again.

Stan

StanleyGB said:
About the little wire to the positive terminal to the battery. I don't have that one.... I have Three large gauge lugs but no small wire. could that be it? on my negative I have the Negative lug wire and 4 small wires... Thanks again.

Did you take a picture of the battery posts before you disconnected the wires or at least did you written down what color went where?

Hi,  Yes I took pictures of it prior to taking it apart and wired it back accordingly. Thanks for the help. Stan

Hi Lou,

So after following your first steps,  I found the little red wire under one of the big red wires and it is connected properly. step one. no luck. I checked the fuses under the lift up dash with my meter and gave them a visual inspection and all seem in order. I looked under the fuse block an confirmed all the wires were intact. step two. I changed the ignition relay to see if there was an internal problem but not difference. I took the battery switch plate off the wall and checked the 6 wires going into the switch and swapped the main and aux switch but no luck still no energizing the solenoid. I traced wires but can't find a error. Could it be the ignition key switch?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Stan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom