RV Water Filter Store filter question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TK10963

We will be full timing it starting next year, and I am considering this addition to our unit, https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/B4302.htm.  I was wondering if anyone had experience or can offer a review on this model, and if there was a way to secure/lock it to prevent theft.  Thanks!

I don't know about that one, but a member here uses this one and recommends it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XELTTG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

From this post and others that you made in other topics, you seem to be really worried about theft. Overall, there's very little theft going on in the RV'ing world, probably less than what folks see in their sticks and bricks. Just use common sense, and don't leave high dollar items laying around in plain sight unattended and you should be fine.

I would want to install that unit in a storage bay, both for security and because its a handful to carry in/out when setting up camp. Maybe the latter isn't much concern if you don't move often, though.

If you plan to leave it outside, I would mount an eye or similar to the casing somewhere and run a steel cable or light chain through it and around some convenient post on the site or the RV itself. Some creativity is likely required!  I would not view that as 100% secure - just a deterrent to casual thieves who might be tempted if it was totally untethered.

I agree with kdbgoat about the likelihood of theft, but it depends heavily on where you camp. Most campgrounds have little or no theft, but most isn't "all" by any means. Campgrounds near metro areas and popular weekender spots seem more at risk.

If you do store an RO system outside your RV, make sure none of the RO system housings are clear. Otherwise you risk growing algae in it.
However, your best bet is to install it inside a bay or under your RV sink.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom