Dish receivers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolsout2

On my MH I have a winngard 1000 Traveler with one receiver and a hard drive for recording.  I would like to be able to record more than one or watch live while recording.  Is there a receiver for an Rv that will do this?  I know I can add a 2nd receiver and hard drive but if I can get more than that I would like to.

Please don't tell me about your direct tv, I don't have Direct and I do it wants contract.

The hopper will do what you want.  You will need a Winegard Traveler 1000 and give each receiver its own connection to the traveler. You can also add a Joey instead of using your current receiver but you will need to do some minor rewiring then.

Dishnetwork is no good. Their updated software corrupted our Hopper(1) and they didn't design a fail safe to uninstall & get back to the good software. As a result some DVR timers stopped recording, slow motion speed controls were taken away, guide doesn't update properly, etc etc. The company lied about the fix dates, and provide no support - customers are on their own. Try to warn people on their forums & posts disappear.

Our 3-tuner Hopper 2 does switch channels, etc, a bit slower since the "upgrade" to the new software/UI version, but we haven't found it particularly annoying once we found our way around the new layout. The newest 16-tuner Hopper 3 does have a faster processor, just as the Hopper 2 has a faster one than the Hopper 1 which I would not recommend. Either the H2 or H3 will work with your Trav'ler, allowing multiple simultaneous recordings while watching another channel. Additional TV's can be connected using one of the Joey sub-receiver models that communicates with the Hopper. The H2 and H3 models also have built-in Sling streaming capability when Internet connected, allowing you to watch any of your channels or recordings on any Internet connected PC, Android/iOS device, and Amazon FireTV device using a free app. My wife has even watched her favorite soap opera on our coach's bedroom TV and a FireTVstick while we were underway, streaming it from the second Hopper 2 we keep online at our upstate NY vacation cottage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom