dometic rm2807 refridgerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b mann

i just replaced cooler on fridge now it seems to be slow or no cooling. I seem to remember that if its cold outside they dont work so good its about 55 to 60 degrees out right now. The cooling unit is getting warm at bottom now that i put it on propane. I made sure mastic was on all steel parts and did best i could to make sure cooling fins inside was in correctly and fastened any idea's thank you

It would have to be a lot colder than 55-60 to effect the cooling. In fact, that's probably a near-optimum ambient for fridge cooling unit efficiency. Performance typically falls off down below 30 or so, or above 95, but each installation varies a bit.

If the bottom (boiler reservoir area) of the cooling unit did not get hot on electric, you probably have no electric heating via the element, Lack of 120v power, a blown 120v fuse on the circuit board, or maybe a failed heater element. If it begins to cool on LP gas, that's your electric problem.

The internal operating temp of the cooling unit is around 350 F., so it definitely ought to be HOT!  The boiler and the tube rising from it should be too hot to touch, while the return tube (usually down the left side and across to the boiler should be warm to mildly hot.

Get a service manual for your fridge at Bryant Manuals

the heating element for electric side is getting hot but not even close to what it is now on propane got it going on propane will see if it gets cool on it and look further into it maybe element is just week it does get hot but seems not hot enough thank you guys for the help

Back
Top Bottom