Elk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
On a recent visit to our son's mother-in-law's place in Colorado the elk were moving through. The barn in the left corner is her barn about 200 yards from the house. The elk were there for three days. We really enjoyed watching them.

Attachments

• DSCF0999 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0999 (Small).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 137
Nice picture.  Pretty good size herd.  What part of Colorado is it?

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Westcliffe

I was going to say that we'd never been through there, but then I remembered that in 2003 we drove through on our way home from spending a week in Ouray.  From the picture, I thought it might have been in that part of Colorado. 

We were in Colorado again in 2004.  We rented a cabin near Cripple Creek and made it as far south as Canon City; stopped at the Royal Gorge for the first time since I was 5 years old for me.  Karen had never been there.

Some of my favorite Elk shots taken last fall are attached.

Attachments

• Elk Rut 1 (Medium).jpg
    Elk Rut 1 (Medium).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 63
  • Elk Rut 2 (Medium).jpg
    Elk Rut 2 (Medium).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Elk Rut 3 (Large).jpg
    Elk Rut 3 (Large).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 52
Ron said:
Some of my favorite Elk shots taken last fall are attached.

Ron, your photo #3 reminds me of the image (embedded in my minds eye) of my only elk hunting experience in the mid '70s southwest of Glenwood Springs, CO.  The moment I pulled the trigger (at about 150 yards) I said "God, don't let me kill this beautiful creature".  He didn't!  I missed everything....  I haven't been hunting with anything but a camera since.  Great pictures.  lou

You would enjoy visiting an area North of Sam's Camp along the Missouri Breaks where the elk gather during rut.  If you can imagine 200 - 300 Elk gathered and the bulls herding up thieir girls and the bugling.  That is where those phots were taken last year.  Took Gary and Nancy up there last year.

I did hunt in the past but only with a camera now.

We also can take visitors out for an evening ride and show them at least 200 hed of deer.  One year I think Russ lost count around 350.

Sure beats the big city.

Back
Top Bottom