musician new to RV'ing, looking forward to it, any tips welcome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassgirl

So I'm a bass player (I also noodle around with guitar a little, and a few other instruments, but bass is where my heart is).  I've just bought and am remodeling a '92 Fleetwood Jamboree, and will be doing a bunch of west-coast traveling. 
I am new to RV'ing, and wonder if there are any particular tips anyone has for care / security / whatever regarding instruments and gear while on the road. 

Any insights welcome, and i'll be perusing this board for a while also.  Nice to see so many fellow musicians on the road!

regards,
k

Hi K

Welcome from an east coast bass player. Right now the love of my life is my Hadean Ukulele Bass.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QFV1RGE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is really cool, sounds just like an upright and is half the size of a normal bass.

I also have a Hofner bass like my buddy Paul uses. And I play guitar, drums and keys. My RV looks like a music store.

Attachments

• Tom 2008-01 (1).jpg
    Tom 2008-01 (1).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to The RV Forum.

... wonder if there are any particular tips anyone has for care / security / whatever regarding instruments and gear while on the road.

Not really any different than when at home. While in transit, I put the stringed instruments in their protective cases and lay them on the bed. I don't do anything special in terms of security, beyond what we do to secure our home on the road, which is minimal.

If you are in sunny climate, it can get very hot inside the coach if you are away for a while. We keep humidifiers in our acoustic cases. Dont know if a solid body would require it as much, but it wont hurt.

Good suggestion re humidifiers. We usually leave the a/c on when we leave for a while, due to the two doggies.

Back
Top Bottom