Towing with a Cherokee - Andersen Hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT928

We bought our used 2011 Earthbound Golden Ridge in January of this year. It included the WD hitch and friction sway bar. We have been on several trips the longest of which was about 400 miles RT. Getting the hitch set up for our vehicle, a 2013 Grand Cherokee, was a little trial and error, but it was working reasonably well. Regardless, after a lot of research I decided to buy an Andersen Hitch. I removed the old and installed it a couple of weekends ago. We went on our first trip with it this past weekend. Wow!

Our trip included limited access highways and lots of twisty mountain roads. I can?t believe how much better it tows. There was a night and day different in handling and ride. Further findings after this trip:

? The hitch is very light compared to the old hitch. Reaching into the storage bay to lift the old hitch when getting ready to travel was difficult. The new one is a piece of cake.

? It is incredibly easy to hitch up and unhitch. Much easier and less to do than with the old one.

? It is quiet. No popping and cracking and creaking etc. When pulling away from the campsite, a neighbor could not believe it was so quiet. I can?t underestimate the feeling of wellbeing when traveling without the gnashing of the old hitch. My wife and I just couldn?t get used to it.

? It is very easy to fine tune adjustments from trip to trip if your load changes. A socket wrench with the included socket are all that is needed.

? The lighter hitch hardware lowers the weight at the hitch.

? The hitch can be used on trailers up to 11,000 pounds so if you switch vehicles or travel trailers the same hitch will work.

All in all, it appears to be an innovative and superior piece of engineering.

Back
Top Bottom