How do you keep the memory foam topper on the bed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graycat

In our new-to-us FW is the original inner spring mattress, with a foam topper the PO's put in.  The topper is 2-3" inside a zippered mattress pad type thing.  It works its way down the mattress and by the end of a week, about 10" of it is hanging off the mattress. 

I've tried rubber shelf liner, and the PO's apparently tried to put straps around the corners.  Those might have worked if they were sewed in instead of pinned, I don't know.

Today, I'm going to take the pad out of the mattress pad and see if it stays on.

Is there another option?  Is it because the pad is so thin, and would a 4" work better?

We bought a 4" inch memory foam pad for our mattress-it came with a padded sheet like thing meant to go directly under your bedding sheets (does that make sense?) anyway, same problem as you-got rid of that piece and put foam directly on our mattress-problem solved.

We also have a 4 inch topper that I bought at Walmart on ours.  I have not experienced it moving down the mattress like yours.  Our problem is our bedspread falls to the floor every night off the end of the bed. 

Get a mattress protector. It is a fitted top with padding on the top. Put that over the topper. Keeps them together. If still loose I have joined up and attached corner straps to the protector that go completely across under the mattress.

Last night I took the zippered cover off the pad and put the pad directly on the mattress.  So far, so good.

I took the cover off mine, and it might scoot over an inch every few months, but otherwise it stays where it is supposed to stay.  I put a white sheet as a mattress protector on top of the topper and mattress together. It works fine that way. 

An electric heating pad, 120 or 12 volts, can save on heating the RV during winter. 18 Wheel Truck Drivers have used them for decades.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom