2018 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff, Sign us up! We will arrive Friday, Jan. 19 and leave Sunday, Jan. 28th.
Brian and Skylar McManus; Idaho

Steve & Betty Anderson will there on the 19th until  who knows when bored being at home! Camarillo Calif.

We plan to attend this year and hope to arrive very close to the 19th, and expect to stay the duration.
Seems like travel plans are never "finalized" until the road is behind us.

Theresa and I are looking forward to this new experience and meeting you all.

This will be our longest boondock to date. I suspect we will have to dump at some point during the stay but will be fun to see just how long we can make it.

Tom
NW Illinois

[quote author=Heli_av8tor]I suspect we will have to dump at some point ...[/quote]

You can either drive across the highway and wait in line to dump, or you can call the honey wagon:

WB Heflin Sanitation, tel. (760) 922-8354.

One of our members (no names) had to call them immediately after arriving at QZ. Hope you last longer than that  ;D

Tom

There is fresh water and a dump less than a mile away if needed. For some boondocking becomes a challenge to last the week while others just plan on making the trip to the dump station mid-week, your (or Theresa's) choice. As is mentioned in the info on QZ arrive with full water, fuel, and propane and empty holding tanks.

We lived in Sterling for several years, are you close?

We all look forward to meeting you both!

Looks like plenty of options for dumping.

Sterling is a 60 mile drive northeast. I live close to the Moline airport.

Tom

You could also lease the portable full hookup (50A, water, sewer and cable TV), previously demonstrated by former forum staffer Ron Ruward at the QZ rally site.

Attachments

• 50A hookups.jpg
    50A hookups.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 41
Good morning Jeff, Margaret and I will be arriving on January 19th  we are running a little late this year due to a few Dr. Appointments. Nothing serious just yearly check ups. Look forward to trying the new to us diesel out on a longer trip. We have been doing a few short trips but not like the 1300 miles to Quartzite. Getting out of Texas takes a little time but we should arrive or the 19th looking forward to seeing everyone.

Heli_av8tor said:
This will be our longest boondock to date. I suspect we will have to dump at some point during the stay but will be fun to see just how long we can make it.

Tom
NW Illinois
Dumping is easy and fast if you do it in the afternoon. Mornings can have long lines.

Hey Jeff, it?s been a couple of years but Sheryl and I have a new unit and are planning to be in Quartzsite for the show and hopefully a couple of those days with the Forum.  Round of golf would be a fun outing.  Starting south from BC Canada tomorrow.

Henry Wishard said:
Good morning Jeff, Margaret and I will be arriving on January 19th  we are running a little late this year due to a few Dr. Appointments. Nothing serious just yearly check ups. Look forward to trying the new to us diesel out on a longer trip. We have been doing a few short trips but not like the 1300 miles to Quartzite. Getting out of Texas takes a little time but we should arrive or the 19th looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hey Henry, looking forward to seeing you and Margaret and the new rig. Enjoy the drive across West Texas.

It was a good year Jeff. This rally is one of my favorites the rally folks are alway pleasant to hang out with . Debra and I will be attending the Q rally early again and staying for some time , where looking forward  to 2018  rally thank you Jerry and Debra. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom