EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2018 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic  (Read 11181 times)

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: 2018 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2018, 12:49:06 PM »
Confession, Yesterday during informal introductions of new attendees, I announced a morning  walk at 10 am. to get exercise and  empty trash bags. Wind  blew so hard  all night that it  kept me awake. Low last night was 52.  I did not  make it out to see if  anyone went on walk.  There is always tomorrow.

Looks like  those who arrive today may  get a "discount" if the kiosk is not collecting  funds.  Heard that  long, long, long time attendees Richard and Linda Sharp are not going to make it this year.  Linda is recovering from pneumonia so  the desert is just not a good place for her this year. 
Talked with Fred Thomas this morning.  Said he was first here in  1995. He  is in Maine bundled  up at zero degrees.

I forgot to pack the  RVForum signs but I will still be taking  photos of attendees and do up a collage for posting "you were here in 2018 " after our  rally! 
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
Here are the  Happy  Members of RVForum who attended 2017 Quartzsite Rally. 
Note the  Green RVForum sign that will NOT be in the photo this year , but if you make a mental note I'm sure you will recall when the  2018 photo is posted.  ( yeah right!)

Betty Brewer

see where we are

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »
Dump station and water now closed. New signs at fee station indicate private alternatives
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2014 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKS
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
http://toobusyforwork.com

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2018, 05:53:55 PM »
Update at 4:45 pm.  Saturday    Dump  and water open near  RVForum  spot.

Reported by Terry who took a drive by  to check status.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
Ok typical desert weather. It clouded up and rained this afternoon.  Temps dropped to  50. At  4pm ( semi designated  happy hour time, it was too wet, windy and to  sit out.  BUT at 5 pm it had cleared so I went to "sit out."  Was the  only one there. Note lone chair in one photo.

Finally was joined  by friendly RVForum folks as we seek  framily! Or was it the brownies?   Introductions again and we are picking up members enticed  by free tools, parts and service by Bill Waugh and his stacker full of goodies.  ( man cave)

Finally someone suggested we start the fire.  DONE but we all bailed before it finished.  Not all of us are from Minnesota!

Betty Brewer

see where we are

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2018, 08:01:20 PM »
On behalf of those of us who are not in QZ, a big thanks for posting pics Betty.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »
Thanks Tom,

Yep,  I like to post photos!

Forgot to mention  Len in photo   above.  He spilled his drink into  his chair! He pouted about the loss of a good drink just because he was adjusting his seating!   No problemo, he got a dry chair and started out again!

Gotta love the resilience of RVers.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:13:44 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2018, 10:37:01 PM »
Finally someone suggested we start the fire.  DONE but we all bailed before it finished.  Not all of us are from Minnesota!

And where were the Minnesota folks? Inside our coach staying warm. :D
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2018, 10:48:57 PM »
Arrived today, along with friends the Cotie's
Henry & Margaret Wishard
12625 Lake Vista Dr
Willis, Texas 77318
2015 Tiffin Allegro Red

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2018, 11:27:52 PM »
To  cadee2c

Welcome to your first time attendance at an  RVForum rally in Quartzsite AZ.   Many of us know your RV has been here before  (driven by Ned and Lorna Reiter.)
We also appreciate (big time) that you hunker down when weather is cold.  We heard by campfire tonight that the big tent is crowded! Even at 9 am.

So please everyone, join us at happy hour  Sunday to tell us all your Quartzsite purchases!

Betty Brewer

see where we are

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Looks as if we'll be a bit delayed. Got to Santa Fe last night (beautiful day, but windy), but we woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow. It seems to have stopped now, but I'm extremely reluctant to drive this rig in the snow so, unless things change, we'll spend an extra day here. Will update should things change.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2018, 09:42:04 AM »
It just occurred to me that many of you may not have known about the NWS Graphical Forecasts, which can be found on this site. Precip probabilities, temperature forecasts and more are shown on a map -- you can even zoom in for more detail. It's very helpful for determining when you can travel where.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »
Betty is doing her usual fabulous job of reporting the activities. And those of us that bailed out of the desert and went to the beach greatly appreciate it! Keep up the good work!
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

Paul & Ann

• ---
    • Paul and Ann's Great RV Adventure
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2018, 02:35:53 PM »
The dump station and water station at La Posa South will close at 11:00 AM Monday January, 22.
Paul & Ann  Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J
http://stoughrvadventure.blogspot.com/

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »
So glad you're posting, Betty!  Thanks for keeping us no-shows up-to-date!  Who painted the RV Forum logo rock?  It's really nice!

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 06:35:18 PM »
Cold & Windy Happy hour...A hardy bunch

Jim Johnson

• ---
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »
Jim and Tarry will not be making it.  Will be in Sierra Vista FEb and March.  Have fun!
Jim

Jim & Tarry Johnson

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 07:43:00 PM »
As Terry's photo captured,  despite cold  winds a whole bunch of us  gathered for introductions at the  happy hour tonight.

Most popular couple were the  Nash's  as  they brought  pictured sandwiches to share! 
Caryl ventured out but  hubby was too cold to join us.
 I saw  Dan and Marge arrive but they  skipped happy hour too.
 Phil and Wendy Lou (pictured)  from an Diego area joined us by car as they  enjoy the luxury of hook ups at a park in town.  Hoping they can come learn how to boon dock when  they return next year.

Met Jerry who is a cancer surviver and friends with Jim.(Paul's brother)   He trailers a very sweet Mercedes  behind his rig!
 Henry shared that he is a "Professional RV Tester" having had 3 RV's within the past 9 months.  Margaret was not so sure this is a good occupation!

Gary made an appearance but Maria is still coughing so she was absent.
Ann and Paul  spent 2 hours in line today at the dump and we did not see them  out and about this afternoon.
 Wishard friends',  the Coties' ( pictured) enjoyed the day trip to Desert Bar today and have the T shirt to prove it! They brought  Aspen logs to  burn for our fire.

Bill again announced his shop is open for tools, parts and repairs.  He is such a generous person.
Joe and Doreen repositioned their rig to get more sun and her hand signals were  the entertainment of my afternoon.  They finally got her in the slip!

Betty shared that  Mike and Wendy are absent while  they tend to Gordon who is their 13 1/2 year old  Labrador. Gordon is not doing well and we all send hugs of support to  Mike and Wendy as they face the next steps with their fur baby.  Betty explained what it means to be in the  RVForum.  We are  friends who support each other. We are like  family to each other. In other words we are FRAMILY!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:47:41 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 08:04:37 PM »
Thanks for the updates Betty. Best wishes for Gordon. We were next to Mike and Wendy in Moab a few years back. Gordon had a seizure, but came out OK. When pups are having a hard time, it is always difficult on the parents.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
I understand that some Forumites are wandering around without name badges. Let me remind you :

Rule #1 : Wear your name badge
Rule #2 : Wear your damn name badge

Donít make me come out there and make you behave !!!

Hugs
Wendy

P.s. I remember that, too, Sarge 😊
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
How is Gordon, my precious Lab furry friend doing?   :-*

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2018, 10:02:31 PM »
Wendy, I accept your challenge.  Bring it.         I talking about the badge of course.  And when you bring it, make sure you spell my name right.  ;)   

On a serious note, sorry that Gordon is not doing well.  Maria and I along with our two furry kids, are sending hugs. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »
Looks like the shutdown is or will be over soon and life in Quartzsite should be back to normal before long.  So save your pennies and don't drive to the Pit Stop or other location for water and to dump.    :)
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
We had a craft class in Huey Pilot's stacker this afternoon. Pete showed a bunch of us how to hook up some LED lights to our existing fixtures.  I snuck in a couple of pictures.
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Alpena Jeff

• ---
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »
I like pictures. Keep them coming please. Names would be fun if possible.
Jeff & Judy
2016 Newmar Ventana 3427
2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain toad
Blue Ox Aventa LX - RVi3 - EEZRV
Retired to "the lake" in north Michigan

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2018, 09:13:32 PM »
I did not take  any photos today and I even skipped the first part of  Happy Hour.  We discovered a good time to visit the BIG TENT is at 3:30 pm.  You can get front row parking spots and there is lots of  room in the aisles.  I made a beauty product purchase.  Watched the  guy cut vegetables with the  exact  utensil I bought last year.  It is still in the plastic  bag so I watched the demo to see how to use it.

We ran over to  Taco Tios and had a bite of Mexican food.  Got  back and Happy Hour was still happy.

I did my annual pass around  a white envelope should  anyone care to contribute to this RVForum of ours. I collect money and  mail to  Tom Jones to run the  RVForum.  I also noted there is a DONATE  Button on the  top line menu of forum should your credit card be more convenient.  I'm here till Sunday morning for envelope return.

Some of us have saved money from  what we learned here on  RVForum, for others it has cost us a lot  when we see just " what we need" from our  framily.  Tee hee

Betty Brewer

see where we are

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »
We miss it you all. Sue informed me she is driving out for the potluck and that I am INVITED!

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »
Jeff and Sue,
You are missed.  I've  designated the potluck to be  a 1:00  "luncheon" thing on Saturday 1/27.   Mostly to make sure we get the warmest part of the day.

Would  love to see you and Sue join us.  Any others on their way out? Does the early time  of 1pm  work for you.  I just made that up tonight.  I miss Wendy who helped form the rules!

The new  people are really fun and following all the rules!

BB

Betty Brewer

see where we are

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2018, 04:01:01 AM »
It kills me to read this thread. I am so jealous, I wish I was there with all of you. I am there in spirit. At least I have the central Florida mini rally this week but the problem is that it is too short and there is no 4 wheel drive option.  >:(
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Favorite 2017 shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y0HbMU5KYa2hx02E3
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Former USAF F-4 crew chief
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2018, 05:26:03 AM »
When we left the Canyon last Oct, plans were to be in Q for Dec-Feb.  Then my kid announce his marriage(in FLA, in April)and we decided to stay in Arkansas for the winter as opposed to making the cross country trip twice(host job at the Canyon again this year).  So now, here we sit in Arkansas with our coach in the shop with frozen/broken water pipes, waiting on the insurance guy to give it the okay.
Probably would have been cheaper to make the 2 drives.  Enjoy the desert, folks.
Wally Crow
Retired 30 year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Hosted by Over The Network