2018 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks as if we'll be a bit delayed. Got to Santa Fe last night (beautiful day, but windy), but we woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow. It seems to have stopped now, but I'm extremely reluctant to drive this rig in the snow so, unless things change, we'll spend an extra day here. Will update should things change.

It just occurred to me that many of you may not have known about the NWS Graphical Forecasts, which can be found on this site. Precip probabilities, temperature forecasts and more are shown on a map -- you can even zoom in for more detail. It's very helpful for determining when you can travel where.

Betty is doing her usual fabulous job of reporting the activities. And those of us that bailed out of the desert and went to the beach greatly appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

So glad you're posting, Betty!  Thanks for keeping us no-shows up-to-date!  Who painted the RV Forum logo rock?  It's really nice!

ArdraF

As Terry's photo captured,  despite cold  winds a whole bunch of us  gathered for introductions at the  happy hour tonight.

Most popular couple were the  Nash's  as  they brought  pictured sandwiches to share! 
Caryl ventured out but  hubby was too cold to join us.
I saw  Dan and Marge arrive but they  skipped happy hour too.
Phil and Wendy Lou (pictured)  from an Diego area joined us by car as they  enjoy the luxury of hook ups at a park in town.  Hoping they can come learn how to boon dock when  they return next year.

Met Jerry who is a cancer surviver and friends with Jim.(Paul's brother)  He trailers a very sweet Mercedes  behind his rig!
Henry shared that he is a "Professional RV Tester" having had 3 RV's within the past 9 months.  Margaret was not so sure this is a good occupation!

Gary made an appearance but Maria is still coughing so she was absent.
Ann and Paul  spent 2 hours in line today at the dump and we did not see them  out and about this afternoon.
Wishard friends',  the Coties' ( pictured) enjoyed the day trip to Desert Bar today and have the T shirt to prove it! They brought  Aspen logs to  burn for our fire.

Bill again announced his shop is open for tools, parts and repairs.  He is such a generous person.
Joe and Doreen repositioned their rig to get more sun and her hand signals were  the entertainment of my afternoon.  They finally got her in the slip!

Betty shared that  Mike and Wendy are absent while  they tend to Gordon who is their 13 1/2 year old  Labrador. Gordon is not doing well and we all send hugs of support to  Mike and Wendy as they face the next steps with their fur baby.  Betty explained what it means to be in the  RVForum.  We are  friends who support each other. We are like  family to each other. In other words we are FRAMILY!

Attachments

• IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3365.JPG
    IMG_3365.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3368.JPG
    IMG_3368.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the updates Betty. Best wishes for Gordon. We were next to Mike and Wendy in Moab a few years back. Gordon had a seizure, but came out OK. When pups are having a hard time, it is always difficult on the parents.

I understand that some Forumites are wandering around without name badges. Let me remind you :

Rule #1 : Wear your name badge
Rule #2 : Wear your damn name badge

Don?t make me come out there and make you behave !!!

Hugs
Wendy

P.s. I remember that, too, Sarge ?

Wendy, I accept your challenge.  Bring it.        I talking about the badge of course.  And when you bring it, make sure you spell my name right.  ;) 

On a serious note, sorry that Gordon is not doing well.  Maria and I along with our two furry kids, are sending hugs. 

Looks like the shutdown is or will be over soon and life in Quartzsite should be back to normal before long.  So save your pennies and don't drive to the Pit Stop or other location for water and to dump.    :)

We had a craft class in Huey Pilot's stacker this afternoon. Pete showed a bunch of us how to hook up some LED lights to our existing fixtures.  I snuck in a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 65
  • led1.jpg
    led1.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 61
I did not take  any photos today and I even skipped the first part of  Happy Hour.  We discovered a good time to visit the BIG TENT is at 3:30 pm.  You can get front row parking spots and there is lots of  room in the aisles.  I made a beauty product purchase.  Watched the  guy cut vegetables with the  exact  utensil I bought last year.  It is still in the plastic  bag so I watched the demo to see how to use it.

We ran over to  Taco Tios and had a bite of Mexican food.  Got  back and Happy Hour was still happy.

I did my annual pass around  a white envelope should  anyone care to contribute to this RVForum of ours. I collect money and  mail to  Tom Jones to run the  RVForum.  I also noted there is a DONATE  Button on the  top line menu of forum should your credit card be more convenient.  I'm here till Sunday morning for envelope return.

Some of us have saved money from  what we learned here on  RVForum, for others it has cost us a lot  when we see just " what we need" from our  framily.  Tee hee

We miss it you all. Sue informed me she is driving out for the potluck and that I am INVITED!

Jeff and Sue,
You are missed.  I've  designated the potluck to be  a 1:00  "luncheon" thing on Saturday 1/27.  Mostly to make sure we get the warmest part of the day.

Would  love to see you and Sue join us.  Any others on their way out? Does the early time  of 1pm  work for you.  I just made that up tonight.  I miss Wendy who helped form the rules!

The new  people are really fun and following all the rules!

BB

It kills me to read this thread. I am so jealous, I wish I was there with all of you. I am there in spirit. At least I have the central Florida mini rally this week but the problem is that it is too short and there is no 4 wheel drive option.  :mad:

When we left the Canyon last Oct, plans were to be in Q for Dec-Feb.  Then my kid announce his marriage(in FLA, in April)and we decided to stay in Arkansas for the winter as opposed to making the cross country trip twice(host job at the Canyon again this year).  So now, here we sit in Arkansas with our coach in the shop with frozen/broken water pipes, waiting on the insurance guy to give it the okay.
Probably would have been cheaper to make the 2 drives.  Enjoy the desert, folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom