2018 Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff, our plans just changed so we're going to miss Quartzsite this year.  That's a rarity!  Jerry's sister and family are gathering that week in San Diego and we haven't seen them for a couple of years so we need to do that instead.

ArdraF

jerryg@deb said:
It was a good year Jeff. This rally is one of my favorites the rally folks are alway pleasant to hang out with . Debra and I will be attending the Q rally early again and staying for some time , where looking forward  to 2018  rally thank you Jerry and Debra.

Jerry

See you in January! This is our 13th year and we look forward to QZ every year.

We've never been to Quartzite.  We are currently wintering in Phoenix and planning a day trip to Quartzite during the rally.  Good idea?  If so, any advice?

Sure, but it will be a long day.  Phoenix is about 2 hours from Quartzsite.  Be sure to pack drinking water and chairs for the fire ring.  I-10 runs directly east - west, so you'll want to avoid driving into the sun but if you come out in the morning and go back in the evening the sun will be behind you.

Or you could bring the rig, even if only for a night or two.  Fill your fresh water tank and empty the waste tanks before you come.  It's only $40 to boondock for up to two weeks at the rally site, and there's plenty of room.  Nothing says you have to stay the whole time.

Certainly it's a good idea. Check out the map into the forum rally area from the link Jeff provided at the beginning of this topic, including looking at the pictures, then ask any questions you need to in order to clarify those direction for yourself -- you might also look the area up on Google Earth and try to "travel in G.E. to the forum site. Also, be sure to mention here which day you're coming (when you decide) so we can watch for you. We have "happy hour" (BYOB) each day at 4 PM, gathered around the fire ring.

We will be one of the first-timers.

Not sure I can handle Happy-Hour "every day", but will give it a good try. lol

Does everyone bring firewood? Can it be scavenged? If not, I assume it will be for sale close by?

Tom

I am planning on coming to Q a few days early and setting up.

I am going to leave the Mustang at home in Lake Havasu so I can carry several extra things for the project shop.

I will also bring a large roll around BBQ grill and three portable canopies.

I reordered LED supplies, some solar parts, a few flat screen TV mounts, and lots of hardware parts.

The deal is that any of the parts are free as well as tools, but you then need to pass it on in some way to someone else in the future.

If there is something special that you need for a project then try to bring it with you although there are places to get RV parts in Q as well as a hardware store on hwy 95 just north of the interstate.

I also finally got a Venturi exhaust for the generator.  I think I upset some people the last time I was in Q for not having one.

I will probably be there about the 16th if anyone is around to help me set up the canopies.

See you there.

Bruce and Deby Cotie plan to arrive around January 19th and stay the duration.  This will be our very first Quartzite Adventure so we are super excited to see and meet everyone. 

Phil and Wendy Allen will be there 17th - 24th.  1st time, don't really know what to expect, staying at Scenic Road RV.  Are there get to gathers we should know about?  How do find each other while there?

Planning on being there on the 21th.  This will be my first time in 'Q' solo.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach

Jeff:

Loretta and I will join the rally, most likely around the 25th or so, in time for the pot luck.
You know me, I always show up for the meal. . .

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

THE Big Larry

Heli_av8tor said:
The group is growing.  :)

I'll need name tags to keep people straight!  ;)

Tom

If I remember right from past Q rallies, there are only four rules for the rally.

1. Where your name tag.
2. Where your name tag.
3. Where your D__ name tag.
4. No pets at events where there is food.

That's right, Don.  Those were the rules from Helaine the Enforcer.  Not many people wanted to cross her, so we all faithfully wore our name tags.  ;D

Wow, we ran off for Christmas and the list grew. If I got it wrong let me know.

See you all at QZ!

Add me to the list, Jeff.  I'm not sure if I'll arrive on Monday or earlier, it depends if I go to the Blythe Bluegrass Festival that weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom